The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New cams are not pulling like they should HELP!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obviously you didnt read what i put. I got 1 count of knock at 26psi. and BTW, no knock isnt necessarily faster than a few counts of knock.

I ran the car at 23psi as well, same results. My 12.3 run i was seeing 3-4 counts of knock at 23psi. I tried my base timing at 3*, 5*, even advanced it with less boost at 8*. These cams have alot less low end than the 272's, and although more top end, isnt helping me enough with only a 50trim

Nt-Eclipse-Dail said:
I would be pleased as hell if my 90 model DSM could produce a timeslip like yours... :dsm:

Nice job on your car, Guys like you inspire ALL of us to do better! :thumb:

Hey thanks! :thumb:

I sold the emanage and I am running DSMlink now, shooting for 11s by the end of this month.

--- I might have to try a set of HKS 280s maybe even 272s just to make sure all is well with things.

What I have found is that the car feels as fast on pump gas now, as it was on race gas before.

P.S. I could only run 23 psi on pump before. 22 psi now. Anything higher, and I have to pull timing like a mo fo! :nono:

Intake manifold coming soon!

Corman12345 said:
I recently put a set of FP2 cams in my tsi and are not really impressed with the performance. I had a set of 1G MT cams before and they seemed to pull harder overall. With the FP2s, the idle is fine with a slight loss in the low end which was expected. but the mid (3200 - 5500) seems to be a lot weaker and the top end seems to be the same if not slightly better up to about 7k. I expected a lot more than this especailly the top end. I just double checked the cam timing and ign timing and everything is fine there. Anybody have any ideas as on why these aren't pulling like they should. I have put a few other sets of cams in some of my friends dsms and they made a big difference. I am going to buy some cam gears and see if i can degree they properly, mabey that is the problem.

BTW: would anyone have any good links or tips on degreeing cams for dsms
Not for nothin' but are you sure you don't have an air/boost leak somewhere? From your mods I can only discern one problem area for flow and that would be your elbow. Other than that your flow seems to be capable of working the FP2s. Yeah you're not utlilizing the full capabilities of the cam (higher RPMs) but you should still see an increase. I suspect not cams but something else.
MB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back