The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

New build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris 97 Eclipse GSX

Probationary Member
Jan 4, 2020
Dubai, Asia
Hello all I'm new here and I'm also new to the whole DSM experience. I just purchased a 1997 Eclipse GSX with auto box. Car seems to be bone stock but runs like shit LOL. Spits oil from almost everywhere, massive blow by, fluctuating idle and feels slow... Decided not to run the car and started gathering parts for the complete engine rebuild. Decided not to rebuild it with OEM parts but with performance parts. The only problem is, not sure which turbo to go with

Here is the list of the parts I have so far which should help deciding on the right turbo for this engine build;

HKS 272 cams (intake/exhaust)

Kelford valve springs/retainers

ACL rod berings 4B1185H-STD

ACL main berings 5M1186H-STD

Super tech valve seals VS-M6.6I / VS-M6.6E

Manley H Beam con rods 14022-4

JE Pistons 86 mm 9:0 297052

Complete gasket/seal set head and block (Mitsubishi)

Water pump (Mitsubishi)

Oil pump (Mitsubishi)

ARP head bolts 207 4203

Those are the parts I currently have plus I'll get the FP exhaust manifold and custom 3" exhaust. ECU with be ECU Master Black.

Now what turbo I should go with? Reading about turbos just got me more confused since you never get a clear answer. One guy says one thing then someone else says the opposite. I'm looking to get 400WHP with minimal lag and I want the turbo to spool as early as possible and keep boost as long as possible.

Ofc the gearbox will be reinforced to take that power.

Hey and welcome to the forums!

Man I've always wanted to see a proper yellow colored DSM, you should put up some more pics of it especially one under the setting desert sun :pray:

So far you seem to have a good idea of basic supporting parts but I wouldn't be able to advise on what type of turbo since I'm still under those power goals. I can say for sure that for the AWD, you'd be looking at making a bit over 500 crank horsepower if you want to get a solid 400 at the wheels. I've heard Holsets (HX35) go around that range but I'm sure more experienced people can chime in here.

All I can say is I'm super jealous of you. If you're really in Dubai, you're paying THREE times less than I do for gas especially super 98. Literally full tank of gas for DAYS, hahaha. Here I'd feel rich if I could even put $15 bux into the f***in' thing :cry:

Good luck!

Hey and welcome to the forums!

Man I've always wanted to see a proper yellow colored DSM, you should put up some more pics of it especially one under the setting desert sun :pray:

So far you seem to have a good idea of basic supporting parts but I wouldn't be able to advise on what type of turbo since I'm still under those power goals. I can say for sure that for the AWD, you'd be looking at making a bit over 500 crank horsepower if you want to get a solid 400 at the wheels. I've heard Holsets (HX35) go around that range but I'm sure more experienced people can chime in here.

All I can say is I'm super jealous of you. If you're really in Dubai, you're paying THREE times less than I do for gas especially super 98. Literally full tank of gas for DAYS, hahaha. Here I'd feel rich if I could even put $15 bux into the f***in' thing :cry:

Good luck!

Yeah fuel might be cheap but the quality of it is garbage

Evo3 16g or 20g Mitsubishi turbo's Forced Performance sells modified versions of the Mitsubishi turbo's that make even better power with billet wheels, larger turbo's will make more power but will spool slower.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back