1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G New Body Panels, What's Still Available in 2020?

Posted by Car Cannibal, Dec 3, 2020

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Car Cannibal

Car Cannibal Proven Member

Joined Jun 7, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Looks like a couple front driver fenders are really all that's available online. Anyone with insight on what's still out there to buy new?

I've called around and 1 hood and fender was all someone had left, damn.

Anyone able to find...

1Ga
    Front fenders
    Hood
    Rear Quarter Panels

Seems like we might've hit the end of the road for new 1Ga body panels.

2. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    New probably nothing.

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Helaman-99

Helaman-99 Proven Member

Joined May 10, 2019
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    I use Mitsubishi Parts Now for OEM stuff that I can't find other places. Never had an issue with them, but they're shipping times are pretty average. That being said, this is what I found, I hope this helps!

Front Fenders: https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/...--gs--2-0l-l4-gas/body--fender-and-components

Hood: https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/...9ZWNsaXBzZSZ5PTE5OTEmdD1ncyZlPTItMGwtbDQtZ2Fz

Rear Quarter Panel: https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/...-0l-l4-gas/body--quarter-panel-and-components

166  5

2019 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

741  10

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Car Cannibal

Joined Jun 7, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Thanks finding those, I called them before I made this thread, it got me thinking that there might not be anything left.

All those panels from Mitsubishi Parts are gone and done for. I found 1 driver front fender and hood elsewhere but that's it so far. I need...

Passenger front fender

Any other websites?

Websites out....
    Mitsubishi Parts.com

5. Mech Addict

Mech Addict Supporting Member

Joined Jun 9, 2019
    Jackson, Wyoming
    Drive carefully, I guess, is the lesson here.
    That doesn’t even help when big SUVs can’t even see our low cars, and automakers now build the distractions right in (and make you pay extra for them).
    I’m dreading any sort of fender bender. Insurance would be a joke. Larger metal panels can still be sourced in decent used shape, but all the little plastic stuff; light housings, trim, whatnot; I’m feeling sick thinking about it.

Street Build 665  6

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    Boulder, Colorado
    It's scary going out on the highway with either of my TT's. Nobody sees them, the silver one is invisible and I'm constantly dodging SUV's and Trucks that decide I'm not there, but heck the red one is bright red and almost the size of an A4 but still is a target. Thankfully both have great brakes and loud horns. None of this meep, meep shit.

It's not surprising through, it's why I stopped using the 2 wheeler long before the DSM. Maybe I should install a Harley style exhaust on the little car.

296  4

2008 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro Roadster
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

273  5

2002 Audi TT Quattro Roadster 225
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

271  2

1992 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
    awd · manual · 3000GT/Stealth

4K  12

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. Car Cannibal

Joined Jun 7, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I found a couple leads, Monday I'll see but even if they're true, there's not more than 2 left.

Pretty clear this is the end for fenders, quarters and hoods for the 1Ga cars.

8. Car Cannibal

Joined Jun 7, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Bad news, I just bought the last new....

1Ga hood
    1Ga Drive Fender
    1Ga Passenger Fender

From National Parts Depot in North Carolina. The phone tech didn't think there were any left but their website said there was another hood available.

There's no rear quarters out there (regardless if the websites say yes) and there might be some door outer shells but I didn't look into them.

Really wanted new quarters, damn.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  9. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Nothing new but what did you expect with our aging platform, i was able to find a rust free shell and got full rockers, , and cut out a rear quarter panel for future use. Thats a bad part, on most cars, rust and dents occur over time. So a lot is still out there just not new. So when you can get good stuff.

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM