The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New AZ DSM'r

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastenuf

Probationary Member
Nov 5, 2002
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey guys,

Im moving to AZ, specifically the Scottsdale area on May first. Myself and my girlfriend are driving from Grand Rapids Michigan. Don't worry the car is being shipped there in a covered trailer :thumb:

Just wanted to introduce myself, Im hoping to meet a few of you as there was a pretty decent scene here in Michigan.

Quick question, as I've heard rumors from friends from college who moved there. Maybe you all can confirm them for me.

1) Do your DSMs overheat on stock cooling? Or is it an excuse to buy that fluidyne radiator I've been itchin' to get? :cool:

2) Is there emmissions testing? If so what's the fine? are there ways out of it? etc.. theres no way in hell i'd pass anymore, and I dont like cats :mad:

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your replies, I look forward to meeting/speaking with you folks.

-Bill
95 TSi

1) Do your DSMs overheat on stock cooling? Or is it an excuse to buy that fluidyne radiator I've been itchin' to get? :cool:

With a fountmount, A/C, and an old cooling system it is possible for it to get hot on the highway, but it is not the norm. You will see that a majority of us do have a fluidyne and some good fans though.

2) Is there emmissions testing? If so what's the fine? are there ways out of it? etc.. theres no way in hell i'd pass anymore, and I dont like cats :mad:

In Maricopa and Pinal count you have testing. In evey other county you do not. I have a friend that has all his cars registered in Prescott so he doesn't ha veto be tested. :sneaky:

Other than that welcome to AZ. We usually meet up on the second Thursady of the month so you should head out when you get to town even if you don't have your car yet.

Welcome to the area.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back