The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

New AWD opponents in the near future

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I picked up that issue about a week ago. Alot of extensive work went into that project. It would be pretty nice to see some out on the streets, but I doubt that I ever will.

blkwidow said:
I picked up that issue about a week ago. Alot of extensive work went into that project. It would be pretty nice to see some out on the streets, but I doubt that I ever will.

From what Geoff said on supra forums, if you send them your 240 and "about 12k" then you will have a turn key stock motor rb26 6 speed awd 240sx. Many people would be willing to drop that type of cash on a car as unique as this one with out a second thought.

True. Man I wish I had a spare 12k to throw at a car. I guess that's why I thought I wouldn't see it.

Sounds like they could just as easily swap that clip into any other car by the amount of fab work they have to do. New shock towers etc...

ahhh i didn't realize that was a 240sx either- I saw it at SEMA as well. Damn! Oh well...a testament to their work, I just thought that was a regular R32.

yeah US-Street Legal?

i cant imagine how youre going to tell the techie at the smog station not to put a rwd car on the rollers because its now awd. LOLz @ teh insta-fail.

or do those have the switchable transfercases or whatnot?

It could be a kit car at that point, That might be a good thing?

This is the email I got from them looks like your not going to walk away under 20k with this project cause you have to buy the car and the clip from them or someone else first.... and they use a r32 gtr clip, and r32's from what I have read has a weaker trany then of the two other models. So there's still a lot you have to think about before you jump into it. Plus s13/s14 240's in the US aren't a very attractive car. But it is the only alternative we have

Hey Nick –

Thanks very much for your interest.

The base kit pricing (essentially a rolling chassis) will be ~$12.5k-$13k (steel single adjustable coilovers, 3" steel driveshaft) and ~15k for the aluminum kit (aluminum double adjustable coilovers, 4" aluminum driveshaft). This price includes everything needed to get the car running, and all chassis fabrication. The parts you will need are : S13/14 chassis, and R32 clip complete with engine and transmission. Wiring, plumbing and exhaust are not included in this price. We can provide you with the complete clip, as they are often difficult to find in good shape. We require the vehicle to be at our Phoenix, AZ facility for the conversion.

We have some details to finalize for complete vehicle/turnkey pricing and plan to have that figured out by late Novemeber. We will start accepting orders in December. Turnkey pricing will be calculated using stock turbos with fabricated downpipes and exhaust as a base package, and upgrade options for turbos, manifolds, ICs, exh, roll cage, fuel mgt, etc).

If you have any other questions feel free to email me back. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
For that kind of money

I would just build a really nice Facotry 5 COBRA

Soild cars, and look awsome and are fast straight line and around the track etc

I would cheaper to just buy a Real R32, that is OEM and I bet has LOWER MILEs than most US spec 240s and alot less rust.

R23 would be much cheaper and make sense, unless you want to be different"

Yea but you can't register it legally in the US there's a bunch of r32's in Canada for sale but try importing it. The hardest thing about this project would be to find a unmolested GTR front clip they cant be the RB25DET or RB20DET clips that used to be GTS's.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have R32's runnin all over the place up here. After 15 years old there is no red tape anymore, just import, put a tag on it and drive. It has to pass emissions, but a low standard for any car 20 years old or older, which is a snap for a car like that. Just needs a cat and thats it. You can pick em up for 15k or so.

DSMJim said:
We have R32's runnin all over the place up here. After 15 years old there is no red tape anymore, just import, put a tag on it and drive. It has to pass emissions, but a low standard for any car 20 years old or older, which is a snap for a car like that. Just needs a cat and thats it. You can pick em up for 15k or so.

but you can import it to the states? boarder police will prob rip me out of the car and beat me down. just like the time i was driving through canada with the ws6 we bought.

JOEY A said:
I would cheaper to just buy a Real R32, that is OEM and I bet has LOWER MILEs than most US spec 240s and alot less rust.

R23 would be much cheaper and make sense, unless you want to be different"

Except you cant import an r32 into the US, and to do so would cost you a shitload of $$ and time. And it depends where you get your 240 from, not all cars have rust. Every single california car i've owned (even those from 1970 and before) have had ZERO rust on them.

Having a 240sx converted to AWD and with an RB25/26 dropped in would be AWESOME. it would be significantly different from the standard sr20det swap that every driff pig is doing these days. its worth the money to have something so incredibly individual + the nearly unlimited power potential of the RB powerplant.

You could spend that money on a Factory 5 Cobra if you wanted, but you'd still be stuck with a FORD and RWD. Its each to their own, and my own (im sure a lot of people are with me on this one) is an RB powered AWD S14.

Think of how much it would really cost you. You could get a 240 for reasonably cheap with high miles on it in good shape. you're changing the driveline, suspension, and engine out anyways. it could be.. say a $25K project.. but would leave you with an insurmountably badass car that few on the road will have. Hell, a new 350 costs more than 25k and it wouldn't be nearly as fun or cool :D

P.S. There's a thing called the edit button. If you want to continue making your point, use that instead of posting twice. It's not a rule, its just a lot less annoying.

This is what my RB powered S13 would look like when i am done.

pure sex

Attachments

• s13.jpeg
    s13.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 113
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back