The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New 2G AWD Spyder build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love the idea man.! Def an inspiration I’ve thought of doing myself to my spyder. What all really is needed in order to do the swap.? Trans,transfer case, drive shaft, rear axle and exhaust.? Am I missing anything.?

You also need all the associated hardware such as the driveshaft hanger bearing mounts, the rear subframe mounts, and some extra bolts to install the fuel tank and relocated the mounts to install the rear subframe correctly. This being said, you have to cut and re-weld a few things to make it proper. You will also have to rewire the fuel system due to the AWD fuel system having 2 sender units versus the 1 sender for FWD. It's not a hard conversion, but takes time and patience. I've done it twice now, and I'd do it again.

Love the idea man.! Def an inspiration I’ve thought of doing myself to my spyder. What all really is needed in order to do the swap.? Trans,transfer case, drive shaft, rear axle and exhaust.? Am I missing anything.?
Yeah Spyderdrifter pretty much hit the nail on the head. You have to remove the drive shaft carriers and exhaust hangers, heat shield etc. I’m going to tackle the rear subframe different than most of the swaps just to try a new way and hopefully it works out (we will find out pretty soon here haha) but this will be my first so I’m definitely not the most knowledgeable on it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back