The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New 1G awd rear camber kit, $40

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDgsx

DSM Wiseman
Jun 10, 2002
Vancouver, Washington
Mofugas just got these in from Whiteline in aus in June. They are polyurathane bushings with a eccentric (ie off center) metal sleeve. They replace the upper control arm bushings. You get another three degrees of camber adjustment with them according to Mofugas. Enough to get your camber back in spec no matter how low you go.
I put them in a friends car along with AGXs and H&R springs last week. Install is pretty easy. You unbolt the upper control arm and take it off the car (use a pittman arm puller or a small gear puller on the balljoint so you don't rip the boot). Burn out the stock rubber bushing with a torch (or have it pressed out). Clean it up, put the supplied lube on the urathane bushings, and slide them into the arm. Then put in the metal sleeve with a c clamp. Put some lube on the rear subframe and slide the arm in. Torque everything down and go get an alignment.
If you want camber back at factory spec put the metal sleeve in so that the thicker side will be going towards the inside of the car.
http://www.mofugas.com/mofugas.htm
KCA365

I spend all the time writing this and the only reply I get is making sure no one confuses a camber kit with beer. I guess I just suck :p

I might try it (the kit not the beer) but I have to lower my car first before they are a necessity.

Joe

Nick you will have to excuse me. What benefits will the metal control arm bushing and getting the camber back to stock provide? I am running eibach springs and agx adjustables right now. I use to love road racing my old 94 fwd now with my current awd I’m spending all my money on big power mods and have no money for track days or suspension mods.

It's only partially metal, it's a metal sleeve that goes inside of a urathane bushing. I'll try to get a picture from my friends car today.

The main thing that it will help with is traction off the line. The rear suspension gains camber when it compresses, so you end up with a narrow contact patch. On my 91 I ran with 3 degrees of camber and it got really squirly launching.
It will also give you a large enough range of adjustment to set up your camber to get even tire temps while cornering.

I revived it as it slowy passed away to the archives. Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I need some help. I have clicked on the linkand there site is down. When I go and search google I click on that link at its says they are selling there domain name. Anyone have som einout on this.

Michael
:laser: :talon:

Whiteline (the manufacturer) is still around. You just need to find another dealer that sells their stuff. The
Whiteline web site is:
http://www.whiteline.com.au/
They have a dealer locator that lists several other US dealers.

I bought this camber kit this past summer, and had it professionally installed. I got it from a dealer in Maryland,
and the kit does the job. However, the mechanic who put it in for me warned that when adjusting the camber
by turning the bolt from the outside, the inner metal sleeve can bind up sometimes, and the bushing will then
have to be taken apart and put back together to free things up. So, whenever getting an alignment
done, you need to make sure they're aware of this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back