The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Never Ever Do This!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus

Probationary Member
Jan 20, 2003
KY
Last night while helping my friend move we ran across his flare gun that if any of you know will almost accept a 12gauge shotgun shell. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, a flare gun is a orange plastic pistol that shoots nothing other than FLARES.
Me being the modifing fool that I am decide to modify a regular 12gauge to fit in it, I cut about a 1/4 inch off the shell, took the plug out, poored the shot back in and went outside to test it. For safe measure I decided to wrap my left hand around the barrel incase the barrel flung open or something. HAVE I SAID I WAS DUMB YET!
So BANG, immediate, i can't feel my left hand, I then looked at the pistol and there is 3inches missing b/w the end of the barrel and the beginning. The blast blew my thumb back and split it open about 3/4 of a inch, the blast also split my index finger nail in two, my thumb is 1 1/2 times it's regular size and I have no insurance to boot... LIFE IS GRAND.
So here I am 16hours later and my thumb is still numb and my index finger feels like you smacked it with a hammer. So if you are ever in the woods and maybe, MAYBE wonder if it will work.
IT WOn'T IT woN'T, DON'T TRY

IT.

Marcus

This belongs in the stereotypes thread :) ;)

Wow. You're lucky you didn't blow your hand off, brah!

YOU DID ALL THAT! and not get it on tape. Dammit. Could've sent that tape into 'Must See T.V.'.

*glad to hear you're okay and did not blow your head off*

Wow, your stupid.... glad you didn't do any more damage than that ;)

Let me get this straight.

You put a shotgun shell in flare gun.
You put your hand over the barrel.

OMG dude..I can't really comment because I'm laughing too hard.

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
Let me get this straight.

You put a shotgun shell in flare gun.
You put your hand over the barrel.

OMG dude..I can't really comment because I'm laughing too hard.
i don't think he means over the opening if thats what your thinking

reminds me of when i was younger and used to tape and take apart fireworks to make bigger and "better" fireworks. i used to tape bottlerockets and blackcats together to try and make them go higher and stuff. also i used to see how long i could hold a blackcat and still have time to throw it before it would blow up in my hand (i liked watching them explode in the air) had a few bite me though. funny story, you will have something to tell your kids and grandkids, and i'm glad you lived to tell the tale

I filled a glass bottle full of gunpowder and crushed D model rocket engines then I soaked it with WD-40 put a cloth in, lit it and ran..... ahh that was fun :thumb:

I resent that remark about stereotypes. I live further south than this guy does and it has never even crossed my mind to do something that stupid. How could you possibly think a plastic barrel could contain something that can blow through a tree? Not to mention the fact that the barrel on a flare gun is far too short to safely shoot a 12 gauge shell even if it were a metal barrel. You're very lucky that you didn't get hurt much worse. I hope you went to the hospital or you may end up with a nice infected and/or amputated thumb.

This all reminds me of my younger years (not that I'm old now, but I'm talking about me being 14 or so.

I used to collect model planes, so when i finally got bored of them, we used to stuff their engines with gun poweder or a newspaper soaked in special kind of fertilizer, and watch them fly. Boeing 747 made it the firthest (about 1/8 mile) :D

Those were the times .....:(

i had a similar weapon making event exept i dint hurt myself, I used my paint ball gun to shoot those 5 inch needles that come with blow guns they sell at the beach, these things shot through Dictionaries, Side panels of cars /hoods, and my favorite squirrels.

Bravo for blowing your freakin hand off!

Originally posted by GreddySpyder
I resent that remark about stereotypes. I live further south than this guy does and it has never even crossed my mind to do something that stupid. How could you possibly think a plastic barrel could contain something that can blow through a tree? Not to mention the fact that the barrel on a flare gun is far too short to safely shoot a 12 gauge shell even if it were a metal barrel. You're very lucky that you didn't get hurt much worse. I hope you went to the hospital or you may end up with a nice infected and/or amputated thumb.

Thats why its a "stereotype" dude, relax :) I didn't jump out and run my mouth about southerners, I was just poking a little fun. Seriously, I have nothing against people from the south, and its always interesting to see how "one half views the other". You should hear what some folks think of me, being from jersey and all :thumb:

Originally posted by kamakazy59
i had a similar weapon making event exept i dint hurt myself, I used my paint ball gun to shoot those 5 inch needles that come with blow guns they sell at the beach, these things shot through Dictionaries, Side panels of cars /hoods, and my favorite squirrels.

Bravo for blowing your freakin hand off!

:laugh: :laugh: i don't know which story is funnier. this is some funny crap. please post other stupid stories because it is making my day:thumb:

edit- And please don't let this get out of hand.:(

here's a stupid story for you-
My friend got a hold of one of those big tanks of hydrogen, sooooo anyways we rigged it up and pumped it into an innertube. Then we lit a small fire under one side of it. We ended up running to my friends house (across the street) and watching the cops swarm all over that area... then leave either cursing or laughing. fun times man, fun times :thumb:

ps do you guys want me to start a stupid stories thread?

Next time, put it right next to your head. Dawin will get to you yet.

ROFLMAO Nice job blowing your freakin hand off bro!

You should have taped it for the next "When rednecks go wild" video. LOL

You put your hand where? LOL

I'm trying to be serious but I'm laughing too hard.............LOL LOL LOL

Man, To bad it didnt eliminate you from the gene pool. Your stupid.

Very stupid, but you know this.

Once you loose a thumb a monkey has more in common with a human then you. :p

hahaha dude, plastic cant handle the chamber pressure a shotgun shell produces! hope you learned a valuable lesson.

Mike

PS rofl

Hes damn lucky he didnt end up with 2 bloody stumps for hands after trying that one.

I do and did stupid stuff my self. One time when i was in middle school I decided to smash 22 shells with a big rock, nothen happend until the last one and it expolded, i freaked out becouse ther was blood on my hand and though the bullet or a peice of rock hit me in the chest or something so after 30 seconds of lookingfor a hole in me i notice my wrist had a gap in the side, something grased it just enuf to freak me out.

Oh those were the days.

me and my friend take little m8000 firecrackers in a paintball gun right after we light them and shoot them at people. it is great

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back