The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Need your opinion on the pro and cons of the best turbo manufacture

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdub14

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 16, 2009
toronto, ON_Canada
Hello

Just wanted your experiences, choice of preference and why you prefer one turbo manufacture (Garrett, force performance, precision and Borg Warner etc) over the other. please state the comparison and intended use in your reply.

Last edited:
Just looking at overall opinion of each manufacture e.g. gt3076 vs pte 5858 reliability vs performance vs DD vs track vs value what you Guys think?

I have only ran PTE and OEM based turbos on my dsms. Mostly due to price back in the day...

I like PTE for cost and performance. I have had PTE6262 GB and BB version. With and without tial housing. Great turbo made 500 on pump all day long on a 2.3 and 2.0. I don't drive my GSX often so longevity idk. Lately I have wanted to try one of those BW EFR setups. For Big big power I see most people grabbing the FP Super 99. Again this is all personal preference. Do what you want with the info in here.

thanks I have always wanted to try pte turbo but just heared too much negative reviews on there durability but now I have heared that it has improved. I have a Garrett no the car now but I fear the day I have to buy a turbo carteridge because of it being ball bearing carteridge. Which makes it expensive

My experience is that turbos from most major manufactures are all pretty solid. I've run MHI, PTE, and Holset. I've had problems with various turbos over the years and I have always tracked down my problems to something beyond the turbo. I killed the same PTE turbo three times before I found the root cause oiling issue. Once my engine was sorted the turbo worked awesome.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back