The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need to vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charity Car show is going ahead. This is not a REV-X event, Bloom wanted to do it and is really asking us to help as a consultant.

Also, I have decided to patch things up with the other party. It's better to work together and I never wanted to compete I just felt I had to because of how much effort/time I put into an organized meet. REV-X had two purposes. One was a revolutionary (hence the name) idea to get people to come face to face with the church, the other was to give the community a place to hang out, talk cars and not worry about the police, while still maintaining a safe environment.

Since the church was now being slandered and the community still had a place to meet. There was no point to REV-X to continue the weekly meets. There are plans to change it up next year, appropriate more funding and secure more, better resources.

Last edited:
Well, I'm an atheist but I still know that there can be positive aspects to organized religion depending on the message... What I can offer you are these questions (I feel religion should be about answering questions about yourself, not getting answers) about REVX: Why did you start it? Have you changed your mind about what you wanted to achieve? Are you still sound enough (mental/physical) to continue towards your goal?

The true question shouldn't be "Is it still worth the effort?". If it was a worthy cause worth starting, it should be one worth finishing too... I don't want to beat you up over 'pride' but if you believe in your works, you should be able to withstand the doubts in the knowledge that you are doing Good.

Like I initially stated, I'm an Athiest, but I still do charity work/events. Not because of the possibility of a reward, but because I feel it's the right thing to do. Rain, shine, cold or hot, what needs done will still need to be done regardless! Do what you set out to do and lead by example.

Why did you start it?
As I mentioned above. "One was a revolution (hence the name) idea to get people to come face to face with the church, the other was to give the community a place to hang out, talk cars and not worry about the police, while still maintaining a safe environment."
Have you changed your mind about what you wanted to achieve?
Nope, what I wanted to achieve is the same, but how I am going to achieve it, has.
Are you still sound enough (mental/physical) to continue towards your goal?
To be honest, not right now. Not so much mentally or physically. But I need to finish my car, which is going through a super build and my wife is about to open the doors to her business. I had to drop my class because there is simply no time for it. I work until 6PM and have been sand blasting parts none stop until I go to sleep, breaking only for dinner. I've been doing this for a week. Once I get the pistons to the machine shop I'll have to put the motor together and go from there. It really has come down to not having the time to run REV-X.

You know throughout this whole ordeal, my biggest supporter is an atheist in fact he got super ticked when he found out we shut down the weekly meets. The cool thing is we don't try to force our opinion onto each other. He knows I am a pastor, I know he is atheist. We ask each other questions, but try not to ask them in a demeaning or condemning way, but out of genuine curiosity.

:thumb: We're Atheists not Satanists ;) Most "A's" have gone through a lot of research into different religions before making a decision and we're just as curious as to why you believe as you are to why we don't. I hope all goes well with the super build too. I've always been curious how you got a 90 Laser AWD though...
Once everything is all said and done, I do hope you go back and continue your project. It's how we face our difficulties that ultimately define us in the end.

you say you wanna vent, but as a DSM owner you should always recirculate LOL

haha sorry i had to...

And the hits keep on coming.

Some kid who pretends to own a shop "Rogue Speed" ran out of what seems to be his parents garage decided to make and sell some stickers focused on us.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

These guys put too much effort into it. But shows you what kind of professionalism comes out of "Rogue Speed."

Yes they are. . .

It doesn't matter. unless you care. . . Not words of wisdom. But just a little reality. As for the slander. Take them to court. If the police are on your side, then there will be no way their circumstancial evidence can get you even in front of a judge. . .

Hey bro, if you believe in your heart that this is something God has blessed you with to reach others. Than carry on man, there arnt enough people in this world willing to reach others outside of the norm. I believe we can use anything to reach others. I have started a mini bible study during dinner break at our races. We only get to race ones a month out here. I have been thinking about doing something like what you are doing. I know you know the Word bro, so press on toward the goal. Don't let our advisary use this to stop you from spreading the Gospel. I say carry on, be bolder to overcome the trials and grow in the Word. Use what they mean to harm you as a chance to show the love of God. James 1:2-7!

This would be slander and liable, I would go through the motions of suing him, he will regret this decision for the rest of his life.

*libel

If he is verbally defaming your organization (slander), that is a tough nut to crack. Libel? All you need to do is prove that the statements (or shitty stickers) are a detriment to the RevX name. It's not the easiest case, but I do agree with the above poster (what? LOL) that you should do everything you can to legally beat his ass.

Actually, I got about 3 witnesses for slander and the sticker against Rogue Speed for libel. If I wanted to I could do some damage against them in terms of civil litigation, I could. But what's the point? At this point the community as a whole made their decision. The State Police and local police will be coming down on them soon. Though I can't take credit for it; more and more of them are posting facebook posts and you tube videos glorifying their street racing and the law enforcement has already caught on. They decided street racing over having a legit organized meet that would last. On that note, this is the first organized car meet this area has had in years that the police didn't shut down... The people themselves shut it down.

The church doesn't want me to take legal action and as a servant of the church I must obey.

Legally? Eh.

Owning any sort of business will result in flack. It's something that comes with the territory. Anyone who has ever worked to accomplish anything is hit with negative results. It can be the greatest thing in the history of man and there will ALWAYS be a couple of assholes who will go " No. No way. Not this. Never this."

Get back to doing what you do, make a statement against them, and move on. It's a waste of your time.

If I were you? I'd post those stickers up AT your event. Then every time something goes wrong be like " Ho-ho. Looks like those guys were right! -nudge-"

The church doesn't want me to take legal action and as a servant of the church I must make up my mind with their personal opinion taken to heart..

Something less dictatorish? >>

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back