The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Need to vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laserspeeddemon

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 26, 2002
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I don't normally vent here, but since my facebook is being monitored. I got no were else to do it.

I have been doing my best to give the car community in my local area a place to hang out on the weekends. We were successful for the entire year of 2010, even had the police on our side.

Then two people who helped me run it decided to break the rules, stab me in the back, steal the website we built together, start their own meet and viciously slander me.

Just recently, I've been accused of calling the cops on people just to get them in trouble. 4 weeks ago, someone decided to vandalize some of their cars and the back stabbers started a rumor that it was me. Now everyone that used to be cool with me is spitting in my face. I'm just so ticked off. All I did was give the people what the wanted. During this ordeal, one of the guy said he was going to make sure that I don't last by June. I guess by spread rumors is what he meant. I told him, that I am going to get sick of the crap quit running REV-X and that they were going to get shutdown by the cops and then no one is going to have a place to meet.

The other guys meet started in Stafford and got shut down in 4 weeks. They told everyone that I was the one that called the cops of them (which was a lie) then they started again in Fredericksburg. Shutdown in 6 weeks. I got so tired of the slander that I quit running REV-X. Only to have the people that were spitting in my face a few weeks ago, ask me to start my spot back up. Like I'm supposed to be cool with them now?

I know that I am supposed to exhibit grace being a pastor and all, but I just want to punch these guys in the face. I mean SERIOUSLY!:mad:

Cops will be on your side for a long time..I used to be on the other side of the law, you know breaking it..And after all that stupid crap i did as a kid was over..I bet every cop in town would help me out now..I've even heard that a few of them heard someone talking smack about me, and told them straight to their face that ther liars..

Anyway I feel for you man..The cops will help you out if no one break rules, and nobody get's hurt..but there are allways going to be Aholes..And I know it's clishay but one bad apple sometimes does ruin it for everybody else..

On a side note..I thought for the longest time that Pastor stuff was a joke or a nickname..

On another side note if you do punch them in the face at least you will be forgivin..LOL

That's rough man but if I were you I would keep my car in eye sight for a while, or under video surveillance

sounds like someones messing with you.... theres no such thing as cops on your side... not for very long at least...

No, we had the cops on our side. The Senior Pastor and the Sheriff grew up together. I sat down with my "boss" pastor and the two night shift supervisors and talked with them about our goals. They were VERY own board with what we were doing.

On a side note, two influential law enforcement officials has offered to make sure that those two will never be at a meet without harassament. I asked them not to handle it that way.

And, yep, I'm a pastor.... A HX-40 powered DSM loving pastor. :D

Well good luck with everything Sean. It's unnerving what people will do to get something. I hope it works out in your better interest. Even if the cops were called by you (just saying), it would have been from upkeeping the rules to continue allowing REV-X to occur.

And the people believed these rumors that you vandalized property and called police? The ones that believed it must be pretty dense or they really don't know you very well. To me, it sounds like something's being left out of your story (then again, the masses are pretty gullible).

I mean, fairly negative rumors have swirled around in my community about me in the past and no one believed it as the rumors didn't fit my character. They either ignored the rumors or confronted me.

If these people that you were friends with backstabbed you, they weren't your friends and you should be thankful they're out of your life with minimal damage inflicted (they could have stolen or destroyed your property).

Things will blow over and people will forget. Stick to your guns and continue being honest and things will be all right :)

That's why I drink alone. :/

Sorry to hear about that, bud. Cut 'em off.

Sounds like my story when it comes to helping people out. Seems to be all good and great at first till someone ####s it up. I've since then grown cold and don't bother helping people anymore. Now it's nothing but talking shit behind my back about stupid irrelevant shit that doesn't even matter. I say ####'em and move on - all there is to it really.

Kinda sad when you do your job or be nice to people and you get stabbed in the back for doing something good.

In your case, granted, you want to gain revenge and self justice, but we all have to learn to walk away from situations - at least none of this was your fault and someone just doesn't like to play fair and you got the "target on your back" that some of these jokers are aiming for.

Been there and done that a few times .. even in my church as well when I got involved in any form of leadership position - I just released myself out of those leadership positions and walked away to let someone else join in that funky little party. Yet, I knew that I was doing the duties and did my best as possible...and have a clear conscience.

Good luck - DSM

Is this where I drop my generic comment on how I pretty much hate "the scene" these days?

The car meets I still attend are small, invite only, rotating location, BEER meets. We just show up in our cars. ;)

WWJD? Set them on fire and send 'em to hell. LOL

Got that from Tosh. LOL

Is this where I drop my generic comment on how I pretty much hate "the scene" these days?

The car meets I still attend are small, invite only, rotating location, BEER meets. We just show up in our cars. ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

And the people believed these rumors that you vandalized property and called police? The ones that believed it must be pretty dense or they really don't know you very well. To me, it sounds like something's being left out of your story (then again, the masses are pretty gullible).

I mean, fairly negative rumors have swirled around in my community about me in the past and no one believed it as the rumors didn't fit my character. They either ignored the rumors or confronted me.

If these people that you were friends with backstabbed you, they weren't your friends and you should be thankful they're out of your life with minimal damage inflicted (they could have stolen or destroyed your property).

Things will blow over and people will forget. Stick to your guns and continue being honest and things will be all right :)

The problem is I moved here in 2009, these guys have been here since elementary school so everyone know these guys and I'm just random guy that popped up in 2010. So yeah people believe them.

I had planned to run a charity car show sponsored by Bloom... not sure if it's worth it now.

The problem is I moved here in 2009, these guys have been here since elementary school so everyone know these guys and I'm just random guy that popped up in 2010.
Oh, oh ... a "newbie" in the area and you know what you know...

Been there and done that..and not meaning to do any sort of harm

Guess what? They could possibly be seeing you as a threat: to disturb their 'comfort bubble' since they've known each other for so long.

I wouldn't let that get you down. It's a group of people and their is nothing you can do about it. Thus, go on and do what you feel and want to do.

Remember: it's THEIR problem and don't let THEIR problems be yours. You DEFINITELY don't need that!

-DSM

My life motto, which has never failed me in my 16 years: Say little, Trust no one.

The problem is I moved here in 2009, these guys have been here since elementary school so everyone know these guys and I'm just random guy that popped up in 2010. So yeah people believe them.

I had planned to run a charity car show sponsored by Bloom... not sure if it's worth it now.

Oh man, what a shame. I've been in that boat too- moving to a new place where everyone knows each other.

Pity you worked so hard to do something nice for people and it gets destroyed for seemingly no reason. I hope things blow over and you'll be able to salvage what they tried to ruin.

GL w/everything!

It's time to be adults. The car scene sucks, especially the import scene. The DSM scene is just like the Honda scene, hate, hate, hate, then move on to hating each other, then back to hate, hate, hate. Just walk away and move on with your life.

I don't understand why we (as a generalization) keep playing around with these kid ideas of meets and gatherings (outside of the Shootout).

We go because we hope other people can be civilized and share a common interest. To share knowledge and good times, and drink BEER.

But we all know, everyone knows everything about anything.

im sad that revx was shut down i went to the other place that was open for one night and didnt have much fun as i did at revx now i wont go LOL and since revx is no more i have no place to get away from the wifey and have a good time on saturday night

Sean, some people are just idiots and you have to take them that way. IF you need anything or if you do go forward with the charity car show let me know. I'll come and support you.

It's a vicious pattern that will never change with Humans.

Brush it off, pack up your things, and go start a new project.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back