The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need to vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuGs

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2008
Marshall, Wisconsin
Ok well i fed up with my car. Nothing seems to be fixable. Damn near 3500 in to this piece of shot dsm and still runs like ass. Cant give it shot for throttle cant seem to hole a steady fuel pressure, cant seem to stop this fuel leak, cant seem to get anything working right. Im so proud to drive a NA AWD dsm. I seriously wanna just drive this bi*** off a bridge on to on comming traffic into a semi.

What have you all replaced...really sounds like a fuel problem...fuel filter, fuel pump, air in the fuel system, fuel pressure regulator...

Nice three round burst 90tsi!

OP: If the car is making you this upset, just leave it alone for a couple days. Come back to it with a refreshed mind and new found patience.

It's definitely fixable. It's just a machine with a capped number of variables. Not like, say, a human being's mind, something that isn't always fixable.

Everythings new fuel pump, filter, and afpr. the what seems to be a unfixable fuel leak is whats making my fuel pressure unstable I also think its a tune issues......guess ill have to go back to the stock maf.. But this isnt the place for tech help and not looking for it here jsut wanted to bi*** about it blow off some steam. Eventully I will get this damn car right just sucks because I usally dont have time to work on it. I took the weekend off with hopes of fixing it but still no luck.

I'll help you find the leak, your in dane cty right? If you can get it down here we can dig thru it and figure out where the leaks at..Otherwise gimmie a couple months I might want to take it off your hands..

Ooops hahaha damn iPod touch

Where's it leaking fuel from? It sounds like a fairly easy fix....take a break from it, and just do some hard thinking....you never know, you might think of the problem...fix the fuel leak and let us know what happens... I think this thread should be moved to a tech section, i think we all would be glad to try and help you fix your car so you can enjoy it and not get frustrated at it LOL(dont worry we all get frustrated at our dsm's once in awhile) ;)

Tripple post also fixed :D sorry for the clutter guys haha

Everythings new fuel pump, filter, and afpr. the what seems to be a unfixable fuel leak is whats making my fuel pressure unstable I also think its a tune issues......guess ill have to go back to the stock maf.. But this isnt the place for tech help and not looking for it here jsut wanted to bi*** about it blow off some steam. Eventully I will get this damn car right just sucks because I usally dont have time to work on it. I took the weekend off with hopes of fixing it but still no luck.

And you have no clue whatsoever where this mystical leak is at?????

Do you have a rubber o-ring sitting on the top of your pump, right above the goofy little plastic round thing that sits on the pumps outlet?

Just be glad its only a fuel leak , I spun a bearing on my 300 mile new motor and i am not even as upset as you. Just walk away for awhile and come back to it you will find it.

Yes I know where the leak is its on the line comming off the sending unit. The O ring is in place correctly. Yeah I took off work today and gonna put stock maf back in. After I fixed the leak yesterday it ran fairly well. I could hit small boost and about 50% throttle. After about a hour of driving I lost fuel pressure and couldnt give it more than 20% throttle. Now when I drive it I cant ever hit 0 vacuum without hitting uber lean and cutting out like crazy. I did find another boost leak right at the J pipe but I dont think its bad enough to cause that much issue. The fuel leak itsnt no where near as bad but I can see the stuff I used to start to look wet again.

well heres the link to mythread for help LOL. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tun...4-wideband-reading-wrong-2.html#post152535920

I put stock maf back in and no change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you test the whole system for boost leaks? Maybe the fpr you have is bad? Fuel pump bad? Or shoddy fuel pump wiring?

You, Sir, are not drinking enough beer while trying to work on your car. My number one rule is, unless I'm getting paid, there damn well better be an open beer present somewhere nearby. This is essential to prevent broken screws, broken parts, and blood. If something isn't working right, if it's frustrating you, then it's time to go take a sip or two of that beer. It doesn't matter if it's 8:30 am, it's the goddamn rule!

Unless you're a recovering alcoholic, in which case I'm sorry, that is my best non-tech advice.

No beer for me. Ill stick to my yager and red bull. Yes I have done like 5 boost leak tests now. Possible fuel pump wiring( never did the rewire) but everything is working fine fuel pressure seems to be stable now but idk this is the first time I have had this much issues trying to fix a car.

It idles great but drives like shit. Cant go past 0 vacuum or past 16% throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont you worry about your 3500. ive spent about 4000 after my radiator hose decided to leak and stock temp gauge deciding not to work while i was on the highway. ending up in a blown engine and burnt transmission. but hey, a new engine and rebuilt transmission + aftermarket temp gauge later and my car should run better than ever :)

Finaly figured it out. There was too much crap in the gas tank so it slowed the ammout the pump could pump.

How did you find that it was clogged? Did you have the drop the tank? Replace the fuel pump sock maybe?

the ammout the pump could pump.

How much fuel could a fuel pump pump, if a fuel pump could pump fuel?

I will change filter this weekend. Im waiting on a new fuel pump screen to come in. Yes I had to drop the tank. I pulled fuel pump out and there was like 1/4 in of shit caked on it. It rang great for a few hours but I think its clogged again. Not easy to clean a tank out well when the inner walls block most the water. Heres a pic of the 2nd bucket of water taken out of the tank.

How did you find that it was clogged? Did you have the drop the tank? Replace the fuel pump sock maybe?

I first pulled the fuel pump after a 10 hour drive. Saw the screen was caked. So I cleaned the screen and dropped the tank. Wasn't very fun doing so with a broken hand LOL.

Attachments

• 1302461721540.jpg
    1302461721540.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 58
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back