The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need to vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998GSX

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2002
Lynn, Massachusetts
I think everyone of my friends and all my coworkers has heard this so now its time for me to vent to you guys.

Heres the story

My older brother(31) hasnt had a job in a year. Hes sat on his lazy ass and has made my parents pay for his car, his insurance and some other things. My mom thinks that he has depression. I dont really talk to him, cause i dont like what he is doing. They cant just stop paying for his car cause my dad cosigned for him. My parents also want to start doing some remodeling to the house. For the most part ive kept my mouth shut and dont say much to them about the situation. I dont want to start a fight in the house.

You think thats it??? nope theres more

When we moved into this house about 2 years ago, i was told that no girls were allowed to sleep over or be upstairs. Part of this is because of how i was in high school. Out of respect for my parents and their house I havent had anyone over, well thats not all that true but they were out of the state. But my brother on the other hand has his gf sleep over every weekend, for about 9 months now. Shes UGLY, and so f@*kin stupid. She makes herself right at home. She cooks what ever she wants, parks her car in our driveway, or right outside our house(were i usually park), takes long ass showers and uses up the hot water, uses our phone when ever she wants, goes on the computer like its hers. She even comes over from where ever shes been and as soon as she gets here takes a shower or cooks something. WTF does she think that this is her weekend get away house?????

Me and my lil brother do not like her at all. Ive never asked my dad how he feels about her alwasy being here but i think i know what his answer would be. My mom who has 3 sons likes the fact that there is a girl in the house. For once it would be nice to have some space on the weekend. Not have some stranger roam around my house and use our stuff like its theirs. Theres so much more but i think ive taken up enough space here.

Sorry for the vent but i had to get it out soon or i was gonna explode.

Man that sucks... you should push her down the stairs and tell the police she slip, or get your brother drunk and videotape him while saying all kinds of crap about his girfriend... then show her the tape and she'll automatically leave... :D
- No... Just Kidding... -

Im not sure that anything we say to you will make a solution for this, but at least we can try and cheer you up...! I understand how you feel about not having privacy with your family and having a bum brother who care less... but at least you're trying on doing something in life... too bad for him in the future though... what he's gonna do in life?

well no time to worry... just try to get your head of of that... at least when you're not home...

its a big joke between me and all my friends. when we go out on friday and saturday nights they ask if my house is going to be a petting zoo this weekend. we call her my brothers dog. :laugh: they have all seen her and all her ugliness. and her fat ass sister who came to one of my parties. to tell you the truth if he wants to sit on his ass and become some kind of ps2 internet expert(thats all he does) thats fine with me. i dont think its fair for my parnets to pay for shit that he wanted. and not to mention the rent monry that i pay is probally paying for his car. so im paying for his car. i think i should take that thing and put it in my name. well lets see she got her 30 minutes ago and is now in the shower. i wish the weather was nicer and none of my friends had to work today so i can get out of this house. its 4pm now i got 4 hours until ill be drunk and forget about her being here until i stumble into the house later tonight and see her car here.

Originally posted by 1998GSX
its a big joke between me and all my friends. when we go out on friday and saturday nights they ask if my house is going to be a petting zoo this weekend. we call her my brothers dog. :laugh: they have all seen her and all her ugliness. and her fat ass sister who came to one of my parties. to tell you the truth if he wants to sit on his ass and become some kind of ps2 internet expert(thats all he does) thats fine with me. i dont think its fair for my parnets to pay for shit that he wanted. and not to mention the rent monry that i pay is probally paying for his car. so im paying for his car. i think i should take that thing and put it in my name. well lets see she got her 30 minutes ago and is now in the shower. i wish the weather was nicer and none of my friends had to work today so i can get out of this house. its 4pm now i got 4 hours until ill be drunk and forget about her being here until i stumble into the house later tonight and see her car here.

This thread is useless without pics....

Seriously, say something to him. Most people dont know that they're bothering some people until they are told.

This is not ment to offend anybody on this site. However, read and learn.

There are 2 things to address here and both have the same root problem. #1 your lazy brother, and #2 his girlfriend.

#1 I can completely relate to how you feel about your brother. You have to realize tho that he is not running your life only his. What do you have against him? It sounds like you are jealous of the way your parents help him but don't help you...You should not be jealous of this.

When people expect you to carry your weight and others that is simply one thing RESPECT. Don't be mad at your brother because you are more mature/successfull/motivated/etc than he is. This has nothing to do with who you are...Some people with be like this and as he is family you should try and help him however you can.

#2 the girl is not hurting you at all unless she is using your room/clothes/etc. This is not your house...it is your parents. Show them the respect they deserve and allow them to do what they will with their house. The fact that you are held to higher standards should flatter you. This isn't about being fair...nothing is fair.

Why do you care if she is ugly....saying those things just makes you look like a shallow person. Why don't you get to know her...get her to cook you something and talk to her while she does it. Don't dog her because she isn't hot or einstein. Imagine how you would feel if people smarter than you (there are always smarter people) made fun of you....or if the truly beautiful called you ugle. We all have something to add to this world...find what she has.

In general I don't think you are being treated unjustly. The help your parents are giving to your brother is their choice. The girl comming over is their choice.

It is time more people stepped up to the plate and became a man.

Originally posted by CunninLynguist
stepping up to the plate and being a man is kick that b!tch out the house

It isn't his house it is nis parents. Being a man is respecting his parents wishes or moving out.

Originally posted by crankbender
This is not ment to offend anybody on this site. However, read and learn.

There are 2 things to address here and both have the same root problem. #1 your lazy brother, and #2 his girlfriend.

#1 I can completely relate to how you feel about your brother. You have to realize tho that he is not running your life only his. What do you have against him? It sounds like you are jealous of the way your parents help him but don't help you...You should not be jealous of this.

When people expect you to carry your weight and others that is simply one thing RESPECT. Don't be mad at your brother because you are more mature/successfull/motivated/etc than he is. This has nothing to do with who you are...Some people with be like this and as he is family you should try and help him however you can.

#2 the girl is not hurting you at all unless she is using your room/clothes/etc. This is not your house...it is your parents. Show them the respect they deserve and allow them to do what they will with their house. The fact that you are held to higher standards should flatter you. This isn't about being fair...nothing is fair.

Why do you care if she is ugly....saying those things just makes you look like a shallow person. Why don't you get to know her...get her to cook you something and talk to her while she does it. Don't dog her because she isn't hot or einstein. Imagine how you would feel if people smarter than you (there are always smarter people) made fun of you....or if the truly beautiful called you ugle. We all have something to add to this world...find what she has.

In general I don't think you are being treated unjustly. The help your parents are giving to your brother is their choice. The girl comming over is their choice.

It is time more people stepped up to the plate and became a man.

there is no jealousy here at all, my parents also help me out when ever i need it. my mom was the one who paid for my engine to be rebuilt when i blew it. so now im $3000 in debut to her but unlike my brother i do pay her back. they are also helping me move out. so there is at all no jealousy on my part.

as far as her.....she does not pay rent here, this is not her house. she should not feel as if she can do what ever she wants here. i have never made myself at home in any of my ex girlfriends houses at all. i always asked before i did something, even if i knew that i could do it. you talk about respect, she has no respect for anyone in this house when she uses up all the hot water every weekend. when she walks right in the house. when my lazy brother is upstairs sleepin and she is still around using all of our stuff. theres no respect on her part for anyone in this house by the way she keeps doing these things.

i tried to get to know her, but then came to the conclusion that she is just stupid. there is no common sense there at all. she cant carry a conversation. as far as respecting my parents house, i know that my mom likes having a girl around the house. i know how she use to like when my ex use to come by. so i do not bring up the fact that she treats this house like hers, cause it will cause a big fight.

you tried not to offed me and you have, you assumed that my brother was but on a higher petistol than me and given everything that he wanted. which isnt true, my paretns help me and my brothers out when ever they can. you assumed that i am not moving out. i am in the process, but having 2 dsms kind of hurts the wallet. you assumed that i never gave her a chance, i did and she just is not to bright. yes i do understand that this is my parents house, but i do pay rent here unlike him and her so i dont believe that either of them should get away with what they are doing. but out of respect for my parents i will not cause a problem in the house so i keep quite. Theres your respect for my parents house.

Originally posted by Slappster
Just move out. Things will be better. I had to decide between a gsx or apartment for my senior year. And I'll just say most of the time I wish I had just moved out.

im regreting bying my 2nd gsx, if i didnt buy it id be out by now. but the 1998 kept breaking down and i needed a way to get around. ive already found 1 roommate just need to find another(well convence him to move in with us) and then im out of this house.

Originally posted by Slappster
Ya with 3 people living in an apartment its surprisingly cheap. Only like $250 a month. Hopefully I can afford both soon.

its a 3 room apartment. rent is like $1500 a month plus utilities. so we figured $550-$600 a person. i pay $100 a week here and we all work fulltime so thats not a problem. i have 2 years left on my loan for my 1998 i think i may refiance to get the payment lower and then ill be set to move out. or just sell the 1997(the car is for my lil bro when he gts his liscence) to my dad and use that money to pay it off and then ill be even better.

Damn thats expensive for an apartment. Most around here are 2 room's for $700-900, but no garage's thou. I think I'd worry too much about not having a garage to put my baby to sleep.

i lived in that apartment complex before i moved into this house. its in a nice quiet city. ill be 30minutes north of boston and next to the ocean. which explains the cost. if i moved farther west it would be less expensive, but theres nothing to do out there. its nice being close to boston.

ill leave one of the cars here in my parents garage.

Talk to your mom and dad. And tell them "Maybe I should Mooch off of you guys like my Brother." Take his PS2 and pawn it. Take his Computer and Pawn it. THEN what is he going to do? then if his Mom buys another one. PAWN it. or find the Recite and Return it.

Your Brother sounds like a Geek, and Cant do shite. BUT if he does have depression, It will probly make it worse.

I never tried to dog you I was saying your parents respect you and you should be flattered by that.

Just saying give the girl a break she isn't really hurting you and even if her actions arn't appropriate in your eyes you will be happier if you let it slide.

Watch ferris beuler's day off and pay attention to his sister :D

My parents often treat me different than my brother and sisters. However, this is because they don't think I need to be taken care of in hte least. Learn to love that you are treated that way.

I would talk to your parents, especially mom, cause mommy always loves you. Tell her that you are not uncomfortable with her, just the things she does. Tell them that you dont like the things she does and t makes you uncomfortable and upset that nobody else sees it or acknowledges it. Trust me, Mom will always try to make things better.:thumb:

They know that having her over the house every weekend bothers me and that the fact that he doenst have a job bothers me too. My parents know that im unhappy living here. Well i wouldnt say that im always unhappy, but they know id rather be out on my own. I do make comments about him and her here and there. but i dont want to get into any type of arguement with my mom or dad over it.

i dont think that she is good for my brothers situation, ive over heard her saying "you dont have a job ill pay for it." if shes gonna pay for everything and my parents are paying for shit then hes never gonna do anything with his life. if it is depression there is nothing i can do for him until he realizes he has a probelm. when he 1st moved up here 2 years ago i helped him find a job and im not doing that again. yes i know it sounds selfish but he has done nothing for the past year but cause me to stress out on stupid shit i shouldnt stress out about.

i dont even acknowledge the fact that she is even in the house when shes here. it would be nice if i could walk around in my underwear if i wanted to and not worry about some stranger seeing me. but noooo i have to have pants on all the time. :laugh: i think that its the fact that he has no respect for my parnets. that pisses me off.

i gotta get to bed its 10:30pm and i have to work at 4am, while he stays up all night and becomes the socom expert. it must be nice not to work and have everyone pay for all your shit huh???

Originally posted by crankbender

My parents often treat me different than my brother and sisters. However, this is because they don't think I need to be taken care of in hte least.

same here:thumb:

If I were you, I'd come up with a plan. Have the girl beat up LOL Be rude to her, F&#K man I'd say something. Holding it all in is just gonna make it worse. I wouldnt be worried about a fight in the household, somethings gotta change. OPEN YOUR MOUTH :mad:

I say grow up and worry about your own life.

Who cares if she helps herself around the house. She obviously feels that her boyfriend and his parents welcome her into the home. You even said it yourself that your mom likes having another girl around the house. It sounds like there was a period where she probably got to know the family and they offered her to move into their lives. This happens all the time. Sure you are respectful and ask your girlfriend's parents for the 45th time in a row if you can use the shower after banging their daughter, I'm the same way. However, not everybody else is. A lot of people realize that after asking to do the same thing 40 times, especially when they know that nobody will care, is just plain annoying.

As far as what your brother does w/ a ps2 or whatever, who cares. He enjoys spending his time that way. You enjoy spending your time with your car. Obviously you are different people with different interests, get over it.

Either way, it sounds like a pretty petty problem. You're put out by your brother's girlfriend. Man I can't wait till you move in w/ roommates - and their girlfriends....

As far as your brother being a mooch, I can see why that would piss you off, but either way its your parents problem, not yours. Go talk to them about it. If they realize it and are ok with it then let it go.

There really is no point in trying to take this situation on. Expend your energy on your own life. It is a waste of your time/resources to worry about this. It isn't your problem.

Ohh and you probably won't be able to walk around in your underwear when you move it w/ your new roommates, and their girlfriends, and their friends. You will find you have even less privacy than you currently do.

Anyway, good luck...

Originally posted by entropy138
I say grow up and worry about your own life.

Who cares if she helps herself around the house. She obviously feels that her boyfriend and his parents welcome her into the home. You even said it yourself that your mom likes having another girl around the house. It sounds like there was a period where she probably got to know the family and they offered her to move into their lives. This happens all the time. Sure you are respectful and ask your girlfriend's parents for the 45th time in a row if you can use the shower after banging their daughter, I'm the same way. However, not everybody else is. A lot of people realize that after asking to do the same thing 40 times, especially when they know that nobody will care, is just plain annoying.

As far as what your brother does w/ a ps2 or whatever, who cares. He enjoys spending his time that way. You enjoy spending your time with your car. Obviously you are different people with different interests, get over it.

Either way, it sounds like a pretty petty problem. You're put out by your brother's girlfriend. Man I can't wait till you move in w/ roommates - and their girlfriends....

As far as your brother being a mooch, I can see why that would piss you off, but either way its your parents problem, not yours. Go talk to them about it. If they realize it and are ok with it then let it go.

There really is no point in trying to take this situation on. Expend your energy on your own life. It is a waste of your time/resources to worry about this. It isn't your problem.

Ohh and you probably won't be able to walk around in your underwear when you move it w/ your new roommates, and their girlfriends, and their friends. You will find you have even less privacy than you currently do.

Anyway, good luck...

ok you need to learn to read.

the underwear thing = sarcasm

his problem is my problem, because it deals with my family. Petty??? how is this a petty probelm when i pay more than my fair share to live here and the money that i am paying is paying for his car??? Its not her house, out of respect for my family she should be asking before she even touches anything. Am i put out by my brothers girlfriend?? No im not, it annoying to have someone constantly in your house when you just want time to relax.

As far as the roommate thing, if they pay for their half of the rent im fine with what ever they do. They are paying for their shit not sittin around and having others support them. Yes i know i said that my mom likes having a girl around the house which is why i choose not to bring the subject up around them to avoid any more stress for them.

imagine you 1st born child wasting his/her life away, just sitting there donig nothing. You cant help him/her. You know that there is a problem there but you cant help unitl he/she reaches out for help. Now wouldnt that make you feel like shit????? knowing that there is absolutly nothing you can do until he/she realizes that there is a problem. everything you try just fails. no matter how many times you threaten to kick them out you cant because once again this is YOUR child, YOUR flesh and blood. You wont turn your back on them no matter what. but they just sit there. imagine that. NOW thats what my parents have been going through for the past year. Now you tell me that this is not my probelm......................you cant because now at 22 im forced to be the mature older brother not only for him but my younger brother aswell. Tell me this is fair????? i no its not. tell me that this will not stress you out???? on top of all the shit i gotta go through at work too. YOU or NOONE else can tell me this is not my probelm. How dare you tell me to grow up. and that im being petty.

you know what go #### yourself, until you can put yourself in my situation stfu and sit in the corner. Do i sit here every day of the week and dwell on this no i do not. how would you like it if some stranger came into your house and use up all your shit.......every weekend......and didnt even ask you for promission??????? i dont think that you or anyone else would like that right????

im done can a mod close this now. thanks

Sounds to me like you need to sit down and talk to your parents and brother together. Not the GF, she's not family. CALMLY explain your points, and see what they say. At worst, you'll have it off your chest and things can start getting better, or you may all come to a compromise that is mutually acceptable. Good luck!

PS. I just reread that last post-you're 22? Stop whining and move the hell out of the house if it bugs you so much. Take control of your life, and screw them. You can only save yourself, trust me. Nobody is forcing you to be the more mature brother... at 22, you're a GROWN MAN! Act like one!

And oh yeah, good luck.

Originally posted by Revenant
Sounds to me like you need to sit down and talk to your parents and brother together. Not the GF, she's not family. CALMLY explain your points, and see what they say. At worst, you'll have it off your chest and things can start getting better, or you may all come to a compromise that is mutually acceptable. Good luck!

i have talked to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back