The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

need to know if evo o2 housing will fit on t3 t4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastone1967

Probationary Member
Apr 27, 2005
lennox, South_Dakota
need some help finding out if a evo o2 housing will fit on a t3 t4 turbo which is going in my 99 gst eclipes. :confused:

Well this depends on the turbo you have/will have. Does it have a bullseye housing? Is it a standard dsm bolt on turbo? If it does in fact bolt directly up to the stock manifold then the evo o2 should work just fine. If not you will have to fab something up.

thanks that is what i was thinking too. it is a non dsm turbo that i picked up on e-bay it is a hybred t3/ t04e 57 trim turbo from xs-powerstore. i found one on e bay that i was looking at the looked like the one victory has for the t3 t4 turbo.and i also picked up the exhaust header from there to for the t4 have to do a little mod work on that one since the turbo housing is a t3 mount other then that it looks like it will work.

Yes for that turbo you will need a custom O2 housing. If you wanted to fab up your own alot of dsm vendors offer just the flange. For that turbo, I hope you didn't pay to much or have better luck then others that have bought it. xs power sells knock off products & from posts I have seen they are usually negative. The products are constructed poorly and seem to fail quickly. I have seen posts of their turbos that have literally fell apart as it seems with some of their turbos the compressor cover is actually glued (or probably epoxied) together. Not sure if they still do that, or if its all their turbos but wanted to give you a heads up.

^^^ Nice to tell him afterthe fact that he made his purchase.
Hopefully he learns to ask about reviews of products. :nono:

Yea always research before you buy. I would go w the t-25 over the xs power turbo anyday.

hereitcomes said:
^^^ Nice to tell him afterthe fact that he made his purchase.
Hopefully he learns to ask about reviews of products. :nono:

If he doesn't ask first, I can't tell :p . Hopefully what I've heard won't be true & he'll have better luck then others have ;)

Thats the one problem with ebay. You look at a vendors reputation & they get a great score because the product shows up fast, looks good, etc, etc. but there no way of knowing that the nice looking part you got craped out after a month & you've already left feedback. They need to have some follow up feedback for vendors selling their own product, like xs power, ssautochrome, etc.

well i stripped the turbo down and found nothing out of place so i mite have been sent one that was new like it said or someone that knows how to rebuild them is now suppling them some nice one but by the looks of this one its new like they said no corosion any where on it and no stains either so maybe i am a lucky one on this one.and it spec's out like they said too so at least i know it is the real deal on this one.lucky you told me when you did i going to install it this weekend now at least i know its cherry yet till i fire it up.LOL went with victory for the o2 housing and thanks to garret for telling me what i would need yet for it so by the weekend i am hoping to have the beast running again with the t3 t4 hybred in it instead of the t25. boost is going to run around 18 pounds till i get the front mount intercooler for it and i am running a jun waste gate for it as welll.:D and like you i do wish ebay would do a follow up on the sellers too.

You'll have to keep us updated on how this thing performs & how long it lasts. Is your profile up to date? If so it doesn't look like you have any fuel upgrades. Now if that turbo ends up preforming as well as any other 57 trim dsm bolt on, there is no way you will be able to run 18 psi, well atleast without doing any damage. At 15 psi I was seeing 107% injector duty cycle with my evoIII on the stock fuel system with a rewired pump. I had dsmlink to monitor knock at the time so I was safe but do you currently have any logging method? If not this is something you should really look into. At 18 psi on a stock fuel system you are defently going to run way to lean & more then likely do damage. You are probably going to want to keep the boost under 14 psi till you get the fuel upgraded or atleast a logger so you know whats going on.

i have 660 cc injectors in it right now also i have the fuel pump upgrade as well so i should be safe as long as i run good grade of fuel in it and add some octane boost to it .but dsmlink is going in too when i get some cash rounded up next pay day with a front mount intercooler too.but right now it is running way to rich so with the turbo i have going in it that should go away.

i had to turn down the boost to 14 pounds because the side mount intercooler was getting over welmed and was not cooling enuff. the intake temp was ruinning at 190 dregree's so i will have to wait till i get the front mount intercooler before i will turn it back up again but the first two runs on 18 pounds was a real kick to drive lite up the tires big time and the fuel was about right where it needed to be for FR but was starting to run lean so i am going to have to go to a dmslink before i go to extreme with boost.welll i will keep you all posted on welll this set up runs when i get more of what i need.:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back