The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

need some opinions on new paint job.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayson427

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2011
Mesa, Arizona
so im almost ready for paint its all primered and masked off as you can see from the pics. im going mostly this bad ass silver and magic blue pearl. the one side of the car where it is masked by the door handle will be blue and the rest silver. my question is im debating one doing something with the stock scoop on the hood. was thinking of doing a few stripes diagnal across the scoop any thoughts?? or other ideas? thanks guys im stuck on this one, to leave it silver/all blue or stripe it to fade blue to silver.

Attachments

• IMG_20130125_131319.jpg
    IMG_20130125_131319.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20130125_131331.jpg
    IMG_20130125_131331.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20130125_131046.jpg
    IMG_20130125_131046.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20130125_131025.jpg
    IMG_20130125_131025.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 59
Solid color cars are the best. The stripes are for dodges!

Lol and alotta ppl will flame it on here. Sounds like an awesome color though. Do what you want with it though buddy, at the end of the day you drive it, not us.

Long storey but the engine bay is silver and all the jams so I have to incorporate silver and my engine is blue along with the accessories. I want it to be a clean two tone nothing over the top.

I think the stripe on the side will be enough blue and still look clean. If you start getting into the hood and other places it might look like you were starting to get towards custom graphics rather than just accenting the silver with the blue if that makes sense. It sounded good in my head! haha Anyway, I would just stick with a blue stripe. Maybe even take the stripe off of the side and do one offset euro stripe down the length of the car? Like this but a silver car with a blue stripe? It'd be different but still be really clean. Either a single stripe or double like this one.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I like your two-tone idea, but I wouldn't do that stripes. Thats just my opinion though. You do what YOU want man, its your car and in the end, it only matters what you think about it. ;)

I say stay away from stripes. As for two tone I say something like this looks good. Keeps it mostly blue but ties in the silver . just my opinion. I know my car is black just think of it with your blue. You can also bring the silver up to the top of the side and door skirts, I almost did that when I repainted mine.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'd go with DSMSPICK on this one. a nice low positioned tone would be nice. I liked the way it was done on the HKS 350z

Opinion-based threads now belong in the Hangout as they attract too many noob-related fluff posts like "looks good" and "I like it". Carry on.

well that sucks. not to many people look at the stuff in the hang out thats why i posted it else where. kind pointless to post a thread i want feedback on in a dead area. but i understand your point.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back