The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

need some help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm-freak

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2008
kinston, North_Carolina
fired it this morning and she would barley run. the vacum gauge is reading like three pounds, she is stumbling like she has a HUGE cam in it. as soon as it revs up to like 1500 and above seen seems to run fine. she is also running lean at idle like 18-20:1. anything you guys can help me with. its starting to stump me cause i couldn't find i vacum leak, but going to look again tomorrow.:banghead:

Id double check all the vaccum lines and boost lines etc. Make sure they are connected and even do a leak down test if possible. Sounds to me like its something simple like a vaccum line or the sort. Check for cracks in the lines too as simple as that may sound, some people look to see its connected and dont even bother checking for tears in the line itself.

yea ima check it with some starter fluid tomorrow, and see if i can find the leak that way. thought it might have been the timming jumping a tooth, but it wouldn't clear up when i revs up

Try looking at all your wiring to your injectors and spark plugs. Check the spark plugs to see if any of them have fouled out. Once you check them, look for signs of problems. Let them talk to you :)

Check your connectors on the MAF sensor, it sounds like when those come loose. Also check all hoses from turbo all the way to the intake. You can always take off the cam cover and rotate the engine to check the teeth in case it jumped.:thumb:

Try looking at all your wiring to your injectors and spark plugs. Check the spark plugs to see if any of them have fouled out. Once you check them, look for signs of problems. Let them talk to you :)

huh... what, from my understanding if you are running lean then you won't foul out any plugs. The electrodes and bridge will be white.

It really sounds like a vacuum leak. If you can, use propane instead of starting fluid. Its safer to use and yet great for finding leaks quickly.... Or a simple boost leak test will do....

fired it this morning and she would barley run. the vacum gauge is reading like three pounds, she is stumbling like she has a HUGE cam in it. as soon as it revs up to like 1500 and above seen seems to run fine. she is also running lean at idle like 18-20:1. anything you guys can help me with. its starting to stump me cause i couldn't find i vacum leak, but going to look again tomorrow.:banghead:

Its gotta be a vacum leak if its that low...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back