The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Need some help with the ignition cylinder on my 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1994Eagle

Probationary Member
Apr 6, 2010
Guelph, ON_Canada
So I got an ignition lock for my car cause the guy I bought it from broke the key off, I tried putting it in and it never worked the nipple never lined up with the switch. I switched the housing thinking it wasn't the right groves and I was right. I put it in turn it it worked tried pulling the key out and that's when I figured out I forgot to put the horseshoe clip that holds the cylinder in place and pulled the whole cylinder out but the housing stayed in. And now I can't get the housing out. I really need it out cause I need the key for safety and I can't get insurance without the safety( dumb bel air direct) so does anyone know how to take out the housing without the cylinder cause I can't put the cylinder back in it won't lock in.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I have been looking since I've gotten the car but they are impossible to find. i can't find one on the internet iv'e checked ebay and the classifieds here and can't find one. but im good for now i have found a guy who will do it without the key:thumb: but i need it fixed so it looks better and when my GF asks me to start the car i don't throw here a screwdriver LOL :p

ya i myself have to get a new column because i can put damn near any key into start my car but a screwdriver dont work :p if my buddy ends up parting his car out il ask him if he wants to sell it to ya

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back