The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need some help/ideas new to the DSM world

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slikmo22

Probationary Member
Jan 20, 2010
Bridgewater, New_Jersey
Whats up fellas. I just picked up a 2g gst today as sort of a project DD type deal. Car starts up idles good and runs decent for the most part but the previous owner had a lot of work done to it and pulled out all the expensive parts before selling it and now it boosts kind of funny. A few things dont work like the gauge cluster windows and signals but all in all car is in decent shape. I've owned and modded a few hondas, nissans, and infinitis but never worked on a turbo car before and want to meet up with someone with some background on DSM's so I figured this is the place to go to. I live in central jersey near new brunswick if anyone knows of a local shop that wont rape me on charges or anyone with knowledge that wouldnt mind givin it a look would be greatly appreciate it. I dont mind payin you for it. Current setup is full exhaust, aftermarket clutch, shortshifter, tein suspension, some cheap (looks like an ebay special type deal) manual boost controller, side mounted boost and air/fuel guage, and a couple other small things. I'll be putting it on a lift soon to see what parts if any I need to order but in the meanwhile I'd really appreciate someone givin me a heads up on what I need to make it run good. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG00056-20100119-1132.jpg
    IMG00056-20100119-1132.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG00055-20100119-1016.jpg
    IMG00055-20100119-1016.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 132
Thanks. If I am driving normal and barely touching the gas, itll boost and drive fine but if I give it more gas it feels like its misfiring and doesnt accelerate smoothly.

Oh and when it does boost the boost gauge doesn't go past 0 but u can feel the increase in power?

Last edited:
Does it feel like its bucking and does it seem like you should be getting better gas mileage?

Not sure about gas mileage but yea bucks a little. One of my spark plug cables doesn't match the other three and is a little loose Im hoping thats what it is but as far as it not boosting over 0 what do you think that is?

I assume you are looking at the boost guage in the instrument panel cluster. If so, you probably need to just ignore it and get an aftermarket guage. You are most likely getting boost pressure but the factory guage isn't working. Didn't you say your entire cluster isn't working? Also need to fix the loose plug wire or get a new set of wires. ;)

Aight fellas....Turns out the front trans mount one of the bolts was broken inside and the other one was completely out (thumbs down) ...i fixed that this morning...the fuse was blown for the guage cluster guess that happened when he took out his aftermarket tach....I replaced that so the cluster works now....(the boost gauge I was referring too is aftermarket and still reads zero)...the wiring for the windows were a mess and I finally fixed them....now the current problems are the signal light stays blinking left...and when im in a higher gear when it boosts it misfires a little which im thinking is that coil wire....and the check engine light is on...ill scan the codes later today...any help on the blinker issue would be cool...thanks guys

If you haven't already I would highly suggest a boost leak test, as well as a leak down test.

Any idea what size injectors and what turbo is on the car? I'm wondering if you have different injectors and have no tuning, which would cause it to run like poo. But yea, wish you were closer, I could come take a look.

Car looks good though. Congrats

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back