The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Need some help fast Please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sopha

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2010
deckerville, Michigan
I have a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI. It is FWD and has a 5spd with a 6 bolt 4g63. The problem that i have is that it rolls over but will not start. For some reason it is not getting any spark. So please help asap. I need this car for work and i can't afford to keep driving my truck at 9 miles to the gallon. So if you know what is causing the problem please let me know. Thank you

It's out of boost juice...

Seriously, we'll need more information than "It rolls over but won't start". I'm hoping you mean that the starter engages and spins the crank. What method(s) have you used to determine that it's not getting spark? Is it getting fuel? Have your plug wires secretly been replaced with Sanka?

I'm willing to help but since the car isn't sitting in my living room, I'll have to have a little more information to eliminate different problems.

Yeah it's getting fuel because you can smell it. I dont much about it because i just bought it and i drove it for a week and it stopped running. The starter engages and the engine rolls over. But I cannot figure out why it is not getting spark. I'm just really hoping that the computer isn't junk. I was thinking maybe the coil is junk but i have no way of testing it.

First, I would check that everything is plugged in and that no wires are damaged; was the wiring for the CAS done neatly or is it kind of a dopey job? The next suspect would probably be the power transistor (aka ignitor) as they just go out suddenly like that. If it were the coils, it would be a little odd for both of them to die at the same time unless some wiring is messed up causing them to burn out.

No all the wiring is fine. It was all done up and in good shape. I really dont think that it is the coils either. So I will try fixing the ignitor and see if that fixes it. Thanks so much for your help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back