The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Need some help diagnosing my 1g Eclipse 1.8 N/T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepezmm

Probationary Member
Jan 26, 2023
Morganton, North_Carolina
So, I recently bought a 1g Eclipse about a month ago with some issues that I felt were doable for someone that's not a mechanic. This car was running btw.

So what's been done to this car is that I have changed the fuel injectors, fuel filter, and spark plugs, and today I cleaned the throttle body. After i cleaned it ran better but I ran to an issue though, I could not find the IAC so I decided (for some reason) to unscrew parts I thought were the IAC around the throttle because I wanted to see if it needed to be replaced or cleaned. So I did this and while doing (without realizing) the hose for the air intake that connects to the engine disconnected I tried to start the car and of course, it starts up but dies almost imminently and now does not start at all. When I noticed this mistake I connected it back and tried to start the car but no luck.

This is where I am at right now and I've reconnected everything I disconnected previously but still no have had no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about some pictures. Are you sure you didn't leave something unplugged? throttle body isn't that complicated.

i’m positive i didn’t. i backtracked and everything

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

here’s another angle

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back