The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

need some advice on 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needboost

Probationary Member
Aug 5, 2002
San_Diego_CA
I was talking to a friend of mine whos brother has a 1g talon AWD. I was excited about it so I told him I was interested in buying it. Well yesterday I went to his house to go look at it......:rolleyes: It is a 90 AWD talon (i was first told it was a 91) and it has 110k on the odometer. The body is okay. their are some scratches in the paint and a couple dents by the wheel wells. The windshield and pass. side window have been shot out. I looked underneath the car and there was oil underneath the left side of the block and the ground. When I opened the hood, my heart sank. First of all they couldnt get it to start. Something was wrong with the fuel pump. The intake is gone. The side mount intercooler and all stock piping is also gone. The headlights dont go up or down. They have to be turned manually and then they work. he quoted me a price of 1200 as is. But since I am going to have to pay in payments it will cost me 1500 (and he will replace the windshield). Do you think that this car is worth the trouble or should I just leave it alone. Oh yeah, it is a theft recovery title and they dont know when it was registered last. I am really looking for some advice here, thanks for the help. I am also sorry if this is in the wrong forum. If need be the mod can move it to where it needs to go. Sorry.

1500? Are you serious? I wouldn't give him 500 for that car. Walk away.
Jeremy

You are asking fro trouble. DSM's suck as it is, so why would you buy a problem waiting to happen and snowball? Back when my Laser had the flywheel explosion, I bought a similar car, the body was perfect, just had a timing belt blown, and picked the car up for 500 bux. That guy needs a broken glass enema if he thinks he's getting 1500 for that paperweight.

Regards,

Thanks for all the advice guys. I guess I was just excited about getting a DSM. I guess I will just walk away from it and wait for another chance to get a DSM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back