The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

need some advice,how can i blow up my t-25 on purpose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97-gst

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Radford, Virginia
im planning on upgrading my turbo soon and i want to blow up my t-25 for the fun of it. If i run like 27 pounds on it how long will it last? I don't wanna blow up my motor though.

Wouldnt it be some shit if you blew your motor and the turbo still works fine? LOL.. Anyways, be smart about this please.

1. Set MBC to run 17psi.
2. Go to an 1/8th mile drag strip on a slow day.
3. Race EVERY THING. I raced against every body who wanted too.
4. Hot lap it. Race it, get back to the staging lines, race it, get back, repeat for 2.5 hours.

That killed mine. Did about 20 runs before I heard the wheels scraping the housing.

Proof that they will die.
YouTube - Blown T25 - Shaft play anyone?

Daily driving is usually enough to blow the POS T-25.

Srsly though, just sell the damn thing to someone with a Honda or 240. Don't make yourself look like an idiot.

Like i said my turbo is junk anyway, its not worth anything, and im not a noob to dsm's either.

If you're not new to Diamond Star, then why the hell would you ask one of the dumbest questions you could possibly ask, then follow it up with even dumber responses?

I recommend this thread to be moved to:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/242997-dumbest-things-youve-heard-dsmer-say.html

Suggestion to moderator sent, don't waste our time, we're not here to amuse you. This site is for guys looking for insight from knowledgeable and respectable members. Not immature kids looking to destroy things. Next time, think before you speak please.

Why would you put sand in the turbo? To take out the rings or the bearings on the engine as well

I agree this is dumb. Keep it for a back up or sell it to some one who needs it.

You could do this with the t25 if someone in the present wanted to potentially blow it up. Might not be as impressive though.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6stjgxSNwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6stjgxSNwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WTFWTFYou want to blow up the turbo!?WTFWTF What happens if you get the turbo to grenade and smalls pits of metal shrapnel get sucked up into your motor?? Really bad idea!

:barf:EPIC. FAILURE 97-gst :barf:

I cannot believe I'm reading this.......I'm a noob too but come on man do you really think turning the boost up will only blow the turbo and not damage anything else? Please turn it up as far as u can and go out and beat the tar out of it but make sure you video this for us to see!!

Seriously man this is not a good idea just take the thing off and replace it.........

Like i said my turbo is junk anyway, its not worth anything, and im not a noob to dsm's either.

Of course it's worth something, there is a guy in the classifieds looking to buy any Garret based turbos in ANY kind of condition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back