The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need quick input on what headgasket to use!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSTurbo92

Probationary Member
Nov 6, 2003
WisconsinUS
Ok the shop that i have my 92 GS-T at doesnt want to use the copper headgasket i bought them to use, i brought my car in to have it serviced for the headgasket leaking and i dont feel too confident having them throw the stock one back in. Please note i do have an upgraded turbo (Small 16g) and are having forged pistons and rods installed. need help quick thanks!:dsm:

I am all forged internally as well, and am using an HKS headgasket...If I remember correctly dont you have to o-ring the block to use a copper head gasket??...

A new stock one from Mitsu should be fine though man...just make sure you get the metal one...

Arif.

From what I know either Mitsu HG would work, but its the head bolts that make the big difference. Go ARP and a stock HG, that should be plenty for a B16G. You would need to have the head and block decked for a Mitsu Metal HG to seal well.

Oh yes i have already had my head remilled and had a whole valve job done, the block is also being decked. My big fear is just having that sucker leak again. So does mitsubishi sell a stock metal hg?

Alrite thanks guys thats about all i needed to know, looks like ill have them toss a stock (metal) HG in. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back