The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need Opinion On Setup??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STHPERFORMANCE

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
York, Pennsylvania
I am getting closer to having enough money banked away to buy a next few batch of mods..

As of right now i have...

90 talon AWD
Stock 2.0L

ACT 2600
ARP head studs
Balance Shaft Removed
custom tubular o2 housing
3" Buschur Racing Turboback
Walbro 255 fuel pump

I have a few things sitting in my garage such as..

Buschur Racing FMIC Kit
DSMchip stg3
SAFC2

I need a opinion on the next batch of mods..

* Precision SCM-61 Turbo
* Ported 2g manifold
* Tial 38mm Wastegate off o2 housing
* FP2 or FP3 cams
* Supertech valvesprings & retainers
* MAFT w/ 3" GM MAF
* 780cc Injectors
* Derekdevices Meth Inj Kit

This will be going on bone stock motor. I am only looking to make 400~whp on 94/meth. I don't wanna go to crazy, Just something mediocre on stock motor till i can have a built shortblock built.
Just curious what everyone thinks of that setup, Also need help choosing between the FP2 and FP3 cams. I will be reving to 8500 RPM so i figured the SCM61 would be the way to go and the FP3 have better top end i hear then the FP2 so i just figured FP3 cams..

Opinions?? :dsm:

your going about it all wrong for the goals listed. Your thinking way to big. Using a 61mm turbo with a goal of 400whp is a waste. The FP3's are also way overkill. The FP2's will work very nicely and will be all you ever need.

I would recommend to stay away from bolt on turbos, but if you are set on a bolt on, try a Holset HX-35 from Bullseye. I had a PTE bolt on and the turbine housing is not designed very well at all. It cracked several times on me. The stainless bulls eye housings are much better crafted, and look to flow more. They are also much stronger and wont crack.

Might want to look into an intake if you plan on making power at 8500.

GSX4LIFE said:
your going about it all wrong for the goals listed. Your thinking way to big. Using a 61mm turbo with a goal of 400whp is a waste.

Well once i have a built shortblock in the car i am gonna wanna make more whp. I figure i buy that turbo since its capable of way over 500whp. It would save me from buying another turbo in the long run. Thats how i was looking at that, u know?

GSX4LIFE said:
The FP3's are also way overkill. The FP2's will work very nicely and will be all you ever need.

yeah i have a buddy going low 11's on FP2 cams. Just wasnt sure if maybe the FP3 would benifit me more with the 8500Redline and the bigger turbo??

GSX4LIFE said:
I would recommend to stay away from bolt on turbos, but if you are set on a bolt on, try a Holset HX-35 from Bullseye. I had a PTE bolt on and the turbine housing is not designed very well at all. It cracked several times on me. The stainless bulls eye housings are much better crafted, and look to flow more. They are also much stronger and wont crack.

I get Precision Turbos at cost so thats why i will be using that. I do Precision alot of business so if i ever have any problems i am sure Rod will waist no time fixing it for me.

Coup D E'Tat said:
Might want to look into an intake if you plan on making power at 8500.

I just emailed some guy from another forum. He advertised a Magnus Sheetmetal intake manifold for $150.00 ROFL

I wanna see what the deal is on that, Thats like $600 dollars off the retail value and even used thats killer deal :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back