The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Need opinion on my small basic winter build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

challa

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2020
Andheri West, California
Alright first of all I have a 99 GSX and i bought it in december of 2009. When i purchased it it was close to being stock other then exhaust, downpipe, intake, and coilovers. Im having a little trouble choosing which route i wanna go with the small build. Im hoping for at LEAST 300 AWHP but keep it reliable as it will be an occasional driven vehicle other then my honda.
https:CONTENT DELETED
I currently have a small 16g on there and thinking on upgrading to an 18g. and all the fuel mods, tuning etc and all to go with it. Im thinking on running 20 psi on either of the turbo that i decide to go with.

Current mods on the car
FP manifold
Small 16g (ported FP turbine housing)
ported o2 housing
HKS bov
HKS carbon exhaust
Megan racing downpipe
AMS boost controller
Punishment racing UICP
Godspeed FMIC

Things on the list to get
Fuel pump, 560cc injectors
Tactrix 2.0 cable
272 cams
and a few other things i cant think of atm

So if you guys could help me out and give me your personal opinions i would greatly appreciate it. I would like more help on the lines of "Would it be safe to run 20 psi on an 18g on stock block?" The car is very well maintained i bought it with 87k miles girl driven before me. Compression is all above 150 all 4 cylinders.

Heres a pic of the car i thought i would share
(looks a little different now that it has a CF hood)
47469_1583982963135_1342564268_31560482_247950_n-jpg.436007

Last edited:
There is zero reason why you couldn't make 300 hp off your current setup. You will probably need more injector and deffinatly a 255 fuel pump but other than that there is no reason you couldn't be a chunk over 300 now.

As for the 18g, I haven't seen one in a very long time so if you find one, and don't use it, let me know and I'll buy it for safe keeping.

+1 what Will said. For 300awhp, you don’t need a bigger turbo. Fuel pump w rewire, bigger injectors and a tune. Can’t remember when mine started slipping but I think even the stock clutch might still be good for that power level.

nice car!!

Are you friend with the guy that’s selling his teal 2g (on YT)?

You should be able to make 300 with that turbo. I wouldn't hesitate to push that stock motor. The last stock motor 7 bolt i tuned had just hks 272s and arps. That car did 449whp at 30psi on hx35.

You might want to reconsider 560cc. I don’t have my fueling sheets in front of me, but off the top of my head the 560cc will run 100% duty cycle around 370 crank hp, and you want 300awhp...

Ditch the FP manifold in favor of a ported 2G or Evo III manifold...if the Small 16G feels too "small" you can always go for the Evo III 16G instead. An 18G (in OEM cast form) has absolutely nothing to offer over an Evo III 16G at 20psi except more lag. I'd suggest injectors that are more than just 20% bigger than stock as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back