The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Need Opinion on FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr96GSX408

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2002
Bay Area/Central Coast, California
Ok guys, I got a good deal for this FMIC, the only thing is that I'm a little concerned about the size; the size is 24x11x2 and I'm wondering if this is sufficient enough to cool 18psi from my Big T28 Killer turbo. I need a reply asap b/c if it's good, I'm driving 6 hours to go pick it up. I'll attach a pic. Thanks.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 135
Thanks Chris. I'm picking it up tonight/

UPDATE: I have the FMIC already, now the problem is how I should do the piping for it. The endtanks are kind of hard to work with. Any advice on how I should get started? I already have the U bends. I've read up on some installs but their endtanks are different from how mine is. The turbo I have is exactly like the T25, as in it matches the lower stock intercooler piping. Any advice?

The best thing to do would be to cut the 90 degree elbow off the T28 and reweld it facing the other side (drivers) and then make short route piping. Running the pipes from the stock SMIC location would make for unnecessarily long piping and more pressure drop.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just did this today...dont have any plans for the piping from the right side of the FMIC to the turbo though...looks a little tricky..the left side to the intake mani is simple though.

Isnt it possible to use kind of a J pipe from the turbo (since t-28 faces same way a t-25 right) and then connect to the FMIC pipe on the driverside? Since the turbo opening is facin opposite side(pass side) it should be an option.......

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back