The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need lots of power sources

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysTsi

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Charlotte, North_Carolina
I need 3 12v sources that are on whenever the lights are on.
(guage lights)

And I need 3 12v sources that are on whenever the car is on.
(2 for guages, 1 for Valentine 1)

I want it to look clean when Im done with all the wiring and I want everything to have a fuse, to protect my investment.

hope this is the right forum:talon:

fuse box -
lights can be tapped at any light/switch etc. There is more than enough to go around for sources. ( i no from experiance my car looks like the space shuttel )

how do you go about tapping into them from the fuse box. I dont know how to make relays, but ive spliced wires...or is that the same thing? right now i have my radar detector wired to my cig lighter, my dvd player and antenna wired to my stock radio, and tv and power inverter to 2 wires coming from the battery itsself. I need to rewire the tv to the cig lighter. How can i make sure i dont overload the wires and fry them... Would it be possable for me too..... hook up a 60amp fuse inline with the cigarette lighter, then fuse each individual thing after that??? or would that be redundant (is that what the fuse box already does)?Thanks

open your panel under the ash tray, there is a wire going to the light in it, cut into that wire, and put a fuse holer on there, run it off that, it turns on when the lights turn on

I talked to a mechanic and he said to get a test light and use that to determine which extra slots in the fuse box come on with the ignition and which ones come on with the lights.

V.F.A.Q. ? Anyone..................

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back