The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

need local help with wiring harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted_Jedi

Probationary Member
Oct 9, 2012
Waukegan, Illinois
Hello children!!! Looking for some help with some work I need done to the old DSM. I need someone who can fix or replace my wiring harness. I have a 1990 Eclipse GSX.
The Problem:
-The harness was chopped up by the previous owner on the ecu area. Its spliced all over the place and I had to leave the ecu by the passenger floorboard because everytime I put it in the correct spot, the car runs but shuts off on its own while driving.
-There is a short somewhere that is affecting the fusebox by the driver side clutch area. The fuse for the interior fans burnt out and the fusebox melted a little where that fuse sits. I was able to put in another fuse and made it work for a while but then it burnt out again.

What I need:
-Someone local to come and fix the problem correctly and perform a good job. I don't know crap about electrical stuff, otherwise I would do it myself. I do not know if I need a new wiring harness, or if the problem can be fixed without replacing the harness.

If there is someone out there that is willing to help, please contact me by phone so we can talk about this issue and try to get this done ASAP I'm dying to drive my car again!!! got $$$$$$ on hand for you so HMU!!! 224-440-3597 John:thumb:

my fiance had the same problem on her gst what you need to id is replace that whole harness and to do that you need to take the glovebox out and the hvac system out and then slowly start threading the wiring harness thru the firewall it helps to have someone else pulling from the outside and then once it is out of the car just follow your steps in reverse very simple i promise

Sounds simple! Where can I get a harness? I've been looking online but can't find one... Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back