1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

need local dsmers help

Posted by scaryfastdsm, Feb 1, 2012

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. scaryfastdsm

scaryfastdsm Proven Member

Joined Jan 9, 2008
    bonney lake, Washington
    hello, i just bought a new turbo setup and i need some pointers on basic tuning with dsm link v3 lite version.....look at profile and shoot me a pm if you can help. only want to push 20psi tops

286  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.910 @ 98.400 · 1G DSM
  2. scaryfastdsm

scaryfastdsm Proven Member

Joined Jan 9, 2008
    bonney lake, Washington
    hello i went to andre at pina motorsports to get tuned after my borg warner s256 ett install with internal gate hooked straight up to engine. turbo is a dsm bolt on houseing .55ar and i have supporting mods look in profile....

problem is i have slow slow spool 5500rpm before hitting 20psi tops wastegate spring pressure. and at 6000rpm i have a spike in boost 2 psi and power shoots up like crazy. the a/fr stays at 11.2/1 and my engine rpm drops and raises again. its like a missfire but no air flow ratio is changing. i have checked spark plugs. and wires. both new. no boost leaks. all sensors reading fine as well can you help trouble shoot this with me....

286  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.910 @ 98.400 · 1G DSM
  3. layzie12g

layzie12g Proven Member

Joined Jan 7, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    You need to post a log. You will have much better luck with people helping you with this kind of stuff on the link forum. Did you not have this issue figured out before you went to have your car tuned, or was the car sent to the dyno directly after the turbo install?

345  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.257 @ 115.730 · 2G DSM