The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G need ideas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb_evil

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2012
elmhurst, Illinois
Have this 91 talon tsi awd A/T and I have a brand new motor in it with literally no miles on it and am missing a trans on account of my old ones bell housing cracking beyond repair... I had a big 16g machined with a billet 30r wheel in it. Also with 0 miles on it. I bought a new trans and sadly the shop I had it at shut down and took the trans with... It has been sitting and I am debating selling it swapping to a manual, Or getting a used JDM corp auto trans. I have a lot of money in this car and need some help making the best desicion

I know I'll never get a full return but selling it now with a new block and turbo will get me the most back it was going to eventually be a drag car but school is too expensive for me to make that happen... Anyone know of any good DSM shops in the chicagoland area

I say stick with the auto that's just me tho. You would almost need 5spd donor car to be able to do a swap. You will need the new trans, bell housing, flywheel, starter plate, clutch, slave cylinder, clutch lines, pedal assembly, master cylinder. Not to mention the dsm manual trans isn't exactly meant to handle 350hp hole shots either, not unless u go with a Jack's transmission pimped out trans. Keep your eyes open long enough eventually you something will pop up on the classifieds or craigslist for a cheap 1g 5spd awd shell, people are constantly coming and going from the dsm lifestyle. Keeping the auto will definitely give +10GP on your reliability. I would also look into some cross references u might be able to find a 90's 4G63 N/A Galant with the auto too that might work? It's worth a shot

Last edited:
Even though your missing part of the bell housing. Buy a shit wrecked transmission and take both to a welder. If he's damn good like the guy I know. He'll cut the dead one for yours and weld it on yours then sand smooth.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back