The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashirkey

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2009
Ft wayne, Indiana
i just replaced my headgasket, and while the head was off i decided to do a wire tuck, and i took off all the looms and cleaned all the wires and everything and i took the injector wires one by one cut it shorted the wire then i sodered it back together and used heat shrink on the wire. i made sure i did it right. well i got my car all back together today and i do not think the injectors are working. the car wont start and its getting spark and when i took the spark plug wire off and turned it over then took the spark plug out it was not wet. is there a way i can test the wire? any help would be great! thanks

Ifyour gettin fuel to the fuel rail but not in the cylinder then your injectors ain't working. Pull the fuel line loose from the rail and have someone hold it pointed away from the car and turn the starter. If it sprays then your injectors are not working.

If I recall correctly, the injectors fire based on a ground pulse. You could ohm out the wires and see if you can locate the pulse. Or, just grab a mechanics stethoscope and listen to the injectors and see if you can hear them clicking.

It's obviously a wiring issue as you have been cutting and soldering wires. Make sure to go back and check your connections. Ensure they are taped off, clean, and firm. Also make sure none are crossed or touching. All plugs need to be snug and secure on the correct connectors. Basics for right now.

Check the connections first off... with the injectors as you know all 4 have a commen wire and a i guess what you could say is a hot wire...

If you have an ohm metter most have a setting that will beep if they are touching.. I would check the common line to make sure you are getting connection on all 4.. the other wire is what provides the power once the car is started.. not sure if it shows when car is off... i know they use that wire for remote starts at times..

Def ohm them out. They are pulse. Pull one out and crank the car over seeing if u get pressure or put a gauge on the schrader valve. Good luck.

I don't remember the colors of the wires but here you go.

You have two wires going to each injector plug.

The thicker wire is a positive wire.

And the thin one should be a pulsing negative wire.

Go test them.

The two wires from the injector will be the same size.. the common (same color wire for all 4 injectors is your common *pulse wire*) the wire that is different on all 4 is the (+) wire.. prob g/r is the (+) and the g/y is the common

g/r = green/red stripe
g/y = green/yellow stripe

With the key on check for power at the injectors. If you have power check the other wire for pulsing ground. if you have both you probably just have them hooked up wrong. If thats the case then I will have to get you a break down as to what color wires go to what injector tomorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back