The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Need Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KmDAVIS6705

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2009
Princeton, West_Virginia
I Know that this isn't how you start as a new guy, but i really need some expert help and i need it fast. I have a 95 Talon tsi, 20lbs,18g, AFR running in the high 11 under WOT and full boost. This is the prob, I went into WOT the other day and the car sounded like it had fule cutat low RPM,under 3000.
The next thing that happende was a loud pop and the car would idle but would not rev over 1500rpm, pulled over and saw a blown exhaust manifold gasket and hade it towed home. The car idled fine before i replaced the exhaust manifold gasket,now with a new Gasket the car wont start. and Im almoust sure that it's not the turbo (intake and exhaust spin freeley)and the timing is spot on. The car was tuned properley before this happened so i have no questions about that. Please help the new guy...:D

althrough a blown exhaust manifold gasket will effect the turbo's response and how the engine perfroms in general they don't normally "pop",double check your intercooler couplers,sounds like one of them popped off or split open.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back