The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95'RS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Germansville, Pennsylvania
OK I've searched around here and can't get a decent answer so i have a cheap ebay turbo for now on my 420a eclipse i think the seals are blown but i'm not sure. i fixed all my oil leaks and when i hit boost it smokes like crazy out the exhaust but only after i hit boost like if i just drive normal and drive maybe 1/4 throttle it don't smoke but as soon as i push it to 1/2 to full it starts blowing smoke like all hell also i have no clue where to get a rebuild kit for it.

Yeah your turbo is shot. The seals are leaking under boost. My buddy had the same problem with his gsx. As far as the rebuild kit i think you might be screwed. Try to find the same turbo on ebay and see if the seller has a kit for it.

alright thanks i did contact the seller so I'm waiting to hear from them and does the garret t25 have the the five bolt down pipe? and will i be able to use a external wastegate?

Yeah the eBay clones are junk and you usually need a couple rebuild kits to rebuild them. What kind of turbo do you have?

I think its supposed to be a hks turbo i got a kit for about 800 but im not sure and yeah the elbow is correct and im not sure about the t35 i have an external wastegate and i would like to just use that.

well the t35 has an internal wastegate so if you want to keep your external youl need to find another

woops my fualt, i ment to say t25 the whole time but ive been saying t35

its ok but i just took my turbo off and and pulled it apart and there was a little oil sitting in the exhaust side and i took the compressor side apart and the seals look good there so idk what the hell the problem is

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back