The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need help with turbo oil return line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rohitter7878

Proven Member
Mar 12, 2022
Greeley, Colorado
So I bought a new line for my car and the one fitting fit the oil pan perfectly but the other one was way off. Any idea on what turbo I could have?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It looks like the smaller one if for the Mitsubishi Garrett turbo, the larger one looks like its for the Mitsubishi "Mitsubishi" brand turbo, they would both be for a Mitsubishi but Mitsubishi used two different companies to supply the turbo's for their generation one vs generation two cars.

It looks like the smaller one if for the Mitsubishi Garrett turbo, the larger one looks like its for the Mitsubishi "Mitsubishi" brand turbo, they would both be for a Mitsubishi but Mitsubishi used two different companies to supply the turbo's for their generation one vs generation two cars.
Would I need to buy the bigger one than?

Would I need to buy the bigger one than?

Would I have to buy the g-series then? Because I know the other 2 would be way too small since I already was given the mitsu-series one.

That's a Garrett TB2566, the factory turbo for a 2G.

It should be noted that the 10AN drain is about a 5mm downgrade of inside diameter spec compared to the OEM 2G drain (which is all metal and cannot kink or collapse); the OEM 2G drain is also about 300% less-expensive. So your replacement costs more, flows less, and fits quite poorly.

That's a Garrett TB2566, the factory turbo for a 2G.

It should be noted that the 10AN drain is about a 5mm downgrade of inside diameter spec compared to the OEM 2G drain (which is all metal and cannot kink or collapse); the OEM 2G drain is also about 300% less-expensive. So your replacement costs more, flows less, and fits quite poorly.

I agree with Justin. Stick to stock return line. Don't try to get fancy with it, there are no "gains" just headaches going aftermarket on an OEM turbo

Thanks guys, man what a waste of money then haha FML, anyone want to buy this then haha.

Post it up in the Classifieds, someone can use it.

Do you still have the stock one to use?

I need to inspect it better because it has oil on it so assuming it had a crack and was bent a bit I thought it was bad 😄

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back