The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need help with rare DSM color + new turbo spoiler...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWulf

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2004
San Bernardino, California
Oslo Green Pearl

Ok guys, im looking now to get rid of my squat spoiler and replace it with a stock Turbo spoiler, however i have a problem thats been preventing me from doing this for months now...

If you take a look at my gallery youll see what i mean.....i have a DSM with the somewhat rare Oslo Green Pearl paintjob that i really love. Howvere, ive never seen this paintjob on ANY turbo models that have the high turbo spoiler. Come to think of it, i have the only DSM of this color ive even seen so far in SoCal.

Does anybody know if this color was even used on Turbo models post 96'? If not, then its highly uunlikely ill be able to just buy someones old spoiler....

So if i have no choice to get it paintmatched, what do you think of the success of it would be? Could this rather unusual hue be matched properly by a good shop? And if so, about what would it cost to just get the spoiler done and maybe the old holes patched/painted on the hatch lid?

Thanks for any help, im kinda confused about how to proceed and am looking to get this done by the next BIG SoCal meet.

aww you don't like the low wing...i prefer it over the tubo wing

So nobody knows if this color was ever used past 96 eh?

I figure i would just get the wing custom painted....BUT how well would it match? If youve ever seen this paintjob you would understand my consern. Its NOT green, nor gold, nor blue, but al;l of them. It somewhat changes hues as you walk around it and also, under the right light, gold flake apears....

Pretty bad ass for a factory paintjob actually. Im just really paranoid and i need this done right. Any shops one would recomend? Either national chains or SoCal ones?

GAH DAMN, no way that color can be factory. It's too sweeeeeettt.

Yeah, I see what you mean, I've never seen that color on any car ever. Love how your car looks. :thumb: Sorry I can't be of any help but good luck with your color matching.

no that color was discontinued in 96 i think... it never made it to the 2gb talon.

sorry but the been last specs website I had has finally been deleted after almost 9 years!deleted

When I bought my GS new in 96, I wanted that color. The dealership I ended up buying from in Oklahoma City found one in New Mexico and one in Alabama, and neither dealership would do a trade. I REALLY wanted it, but settled for the Emerald Green. I've seen one in person in rural Missouri once about 4 years ago.

I LOVE THAT COLOR!!!

Most decent shops will be able to match your paint pretty well as long as you have the paint code for your car. It will be hard to tell that the spoiler has been repainted, body shops are pretty good with blending new and old paint together. :laser:

my old GF used to have that exact color eclipse...I always liked it even though I hate green. One less of those around, she totalled it about a year ago.

Im not really familar with painting...

what about the holes that will have to be filled? Would those just be painted over or would the entire hatch need to be re-painted?

Actually its going to be a pain in the ass to fill those holes properly. They need to weld them closed and probably repaint the hatch/left rear quarter panels. Thats the downfall with the low rise spoilers, but good thing you didnt have the 2gb talon high rise spoiler. That one is a bi*** to have the holes filled. Just save yourself the trouble and sell me the turbo spoiler you have. :D

:thumb: :talon:

So, what would i be looking at as a good price to get this done right? Price is important to me....

That all depends on what type of shop you go too. 1 day paint could be like 400 bucks, but they wont weld the holes closed and would just bondo job it. If i were to guestimate on a price from a decent non 1 day paint shop, i would say around 800 bucks. Just get estimates, they are fast and free.

And I say wait and do the entire 97+ conversion all at once. IMO the high-rise turbo wing looks ridiculous on the 95-96 bodystyle. The more bulbous rear on the 97+ flows a lot better with the turbo wing. It just looks goofy with the 95-96 bodystyle and a turbo wing.

yeah, what ^^^^^^ said. i know exactly how you feel. i have an oddball color as well. i have mitsu's durange copper pearl. and yes, i have seen your color in soCal before, i use to live there, and there was a guy down there w/ an N/A also that had that color and he had body kits on it and all, so i don't think color matching that will be that big of a deal, because i think he said that he did the paint himself, so im sure a pro shouldn't have a problem with it.

and about the spoiler, oh man, its full of bullet holes underneath those extra pieces on the wing. i did actually achieve the turbo wing onto N/A car on my black 97 GS, but not i have the exact same delema as you with the turbo wing going on an oddball colored car, becauset its really hard to match it. and like someone said above, i've thought about putting it on my 95 GST, but the turbo wing just doesn't look right w/ the stock 95 body, u really should wait til you can do the full 97/99 conversion. just my .02

I've seen your color on one n/t around here before, but thats it. I'm willing to bet it never made it on to the line up for turbo cars. Matching your paint shouldn't be too hard. What you can do is actualy look around at good shops and look at some of their other work. Most good shops will usually have a couple old hot rods, or the like in for painting that you can take a look at and see for you self. If a shop isn't willing to show you some of their top of the line work, run away. Most will be proud to show of a good paint job. They may end up wanting to re spray the whole rear part of the car though (if your paint has faded, there's really no way to match it). Do as much prep work as you can. Pull the old spoiler your self, take out the tail lights, ect.

PS. I love that color, and if I ever get another dsm I think I'm panting it that color. :D

wow never knew they had that color.....

are thier any other colors like that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back