The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

need help with initial tuning on fresh build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91awdspoolin

Probationary Member
Jun 7, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I am looking for someone that can help me tune my 91 talon awd. just finished my build and now I am having trouble getting the initial tuning right im new to ecmlink so im lost. I need someone who knows ecmlink very well witch I know there are a lot in the Cleveland area I will pay someone to help me tune my car for me or walk me through it. im a visual learner I can read all day online but I learn better if I physically see them show me!
if anyone is willing to help me please let me know I live in the Cleveland parma area.

Build info

.020 over je 8.5 to1 pistons
stock crank
eagle h beam rods
port and polished head
new valve guides
bc valve springs titanium retainer
bc 280/280 cams
ferrea 1mm oversize stainless steel valves
3 angle valve cuts
skunk 2 adjustable cam gears
decked head gasket surface
revised lifters
cometic headgasket
arp head and main studs
precision 780cc injectors
fuel injector clinic fuel rail
braided fuel line from tank to rail
fuel injector clinic fuel filter
aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
stock intake mani
stock tb
big fmic 2.5 inch piping
1g bov
forced performance cast header
gt3076r bb garret turbo
4 inch cold air intake forced performance
k and n air filter
tial mvs 38mm wastegate with o2 housing recirculated
3 inch megan downpipe
3 inch exhaust all the way back srs system
wideband aem
ecmlink

Follow the ecmlink forums for demos its a good start.

I have done all of that I have done tons of reading on threads and video demos on ecm link. but my problem is I can not get my airflow per rev to lower I got my fuel trims close to 0 but my airflow per rev will not lower when I adjust the cell on the ve table for idle.... also when I go to rev it it its my wideband reads very lean and breaks up wont rev past like 2k also my isc position will not adjust either. I need someone in person that is willing to give a fellow dsmr a hand because I don't want to end up glazing my rings and and not being ablr to break the motor in because I cant get running somewhat decent to make a run to break the rings in. so I really don't even want to start it up any more until I know what im doing or have help ya know what I mean. I do have a log of idle maybe u can hint to me what it may be by looking at the log I have

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back