The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

NEED help with engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkdogydog101

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
ok im looking into getting a n/a 6 bolt motor. things i need to know

the rods are the same right?

the crank is the same right?

why is the bore so much smaller its like 80mm instead of 85mm for the turbo one?

if its bored up to a 85mm and pistons swaped will there be any difference.

if it is the same crank how much hp can i push on a turned crank 10

need to get things going for the motor swap thanks guys

The NA engine is the same 85mm bore. are you looking at a 1.8L?

Crank and rods are the same. You will not have squirters with the NA engine (not a huge deal with forged internals) and you want to double check if oyu have the knock sensor provision.

shit whats a 1.8? i guess i must be #### i assume the cranks arnt the same? however the rods are the same in both motors

shit how did i miss that its a 4g61 WTF

shit whats a 1.8? i guess i must be #### i assume the cranks arnt the same? however the rods are the same in both motors

4G61

The 4G61 displaces 1595 cc (82.3 x 75.0 mm bore/stroke). This engine was not always DOHC 16-valve and used either Multi-point (MPFI) or Electronic Control (ECFI) fuel injection. A turbocharged version was also produced for the Mirage and Lancer. The 4G61 does not have balance shafts like the other 4G6x motors. Instead, it has different components, some of which can be used on the "Silent Shaft" engine.

4G62

The larger 1.8 L 4G62 was an SOHC 8-valve unit for longitudinal rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive use. With an 80.6 x 88.0 mm bore / stroke, it displaced 1795 cc. It was available either in carburetor form, multi-point fuel injection, or ECI Turbo as found in the Lancer EX 1800GSR or 1800GT, and Cordia GSR.

if those 2 are the same then ill buy it its a really cheap motor

where is 62 located at

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back