The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help with 99 acura tl

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GFWDbeast

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2010
kenosha, Wisconsin
My gf has a 99 acura tl. She has owned it for about 3you years now. Out no where it just started running rough. At idle it's kinda rough and when you give it gas. She had a check engine light on showing miss firer on all cylinders.

I checked the egr valve, spark plugs, coil packs, o2 sensors, map sensor and everything is good. Well here's the kicker. The car requires premium and she been using 85 unleaded instead of 93 for the last 3 years. Any ideas of what could be wrong? ?

My gf has a 99 acura tl. Any ideas of what could be wrong? ?

Your posting on a DSM forum about a honda for one. :tease:

If it ran fine for 3 years on regular gas i doubt that has anything to do with the sudden roughness of the car. You say you checked the plugs, how about the wires?

Alot of people underestimate the difference a set of good wires can make. If the insulation is broken anywhere it can be arching out away from the plug and causing some of your troubles.

Um im very aware of that. Im not aeven member of a honda site. Its
coil on pack, there are no wires.

Um im very aware of that. Im not aeven member of a honda site. Its
coil on pack, there are no wires.

Missed the cop section up top. Check the wiring to them and other associated wiring. Did you actually spec them out or just visually inspect them?

And chill out dude, was just poking a little fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back