The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Need help! with 1g 6 and 7 bolt interchange

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley5hd

Probationary Member
Jan 3, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have a 94 gst. I bought the car not running. Guy told me that it had a 6 bolt swap in it with a 7 bolt head. Well I pulled the engine and it is a 6 bolt crank. And I'm gonna assume that the block is a 6 bolt block bc all internals were stock and stock bore. So my question is. Will a 7 bolt head work on a 6 bolt block? And how can I tell the difference between the 6 and 7 bolt head, and 6 and 7 bolt blocks.. And what will I have to do to make it run properly?. I have a rebuild kit already and I'm going to go .020 over. Nothing to crazy. Just want a fun daily driver.

Depends on if its a 1g seven bolt head or a 2g seven bolt head, the 1g seven bolt head is for the most part the same as the 1g six bolt head, the 2g seven bolt head has smaller intake ports but can work on the six bolt block if you open up the head bolt holes in it as the 2g seven bolt head uses smaller bolt holes. There are many threads on how to tell the difference between the six bolt and seven bolt blocks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back