The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Need Help.. What GREY to paint my car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickrule99

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2003
Greenfield, Massachusetts
Im painting my car either this week or next... and need some more ideas of what color to paint it.

I really want a dark grey color, something like the IS300 but darker. I was pretty set on the Evo MR color, but I'm not sure anymore.

Anyone know what color grey the 2g I posted is? And anyone have any other pics of dark grey cars????

THanks guys, I appreciate it.
-Nick

Attachments

• MR side.JPG
    MR side.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 321
  • 623482_56_full.jpg
    623482_56_full.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 2005_0226_185221AA.jpg
    2005_0226_185221AA.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 360
Don't know if it's dark enough for you, but I vote for the Ford "dark shadow gray" color.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I Like Audi's Dolphin Grey

Yeah look up the 350z and the color i think is called SilverStone. Thats what I was thinking of painting my car one day.

Chevy has a color called "Medium Spiral Gray Metallic" that they used on their Corvette. Not sure if it is used on any other vehicles they make or not. I'd post a picture but don't want to spend the time to find a host. heres a site with a bunch of different pics of a 2003 Vette this color. http://www.suncoastcorvette.com/karr/FST-Karr.html

what about Titanium pearl that comes on 3g's i have always wanted to see a 2g painted that color

I have always been a fan of a blue pearl over gunmetal... at night it looks black, in the light grey, at angles just plain sick...

:dsm: PICK THE COLOR GREY YOU WANT THAN JUST ADD AS MANY CLEAR COATS TILL YOU GET THE GREY YOU WANT EACH LAYER OF CLEAR MAKES IT DARKER GOOD LUCK :dsm: :cool:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way grey goes darker with clear coat is if you spray the clear coat on before the paint gets a chance to dry..otherwise it stays the same color.

I cant decide.....

I was looking at that audi color, and it does look pretty nice. But in some of the pictures, it almost looks silver (on ebay)... so I dont know what I'm going to do now.

Its pretty much between that audi color and the MR color above now. Has anyone seen the MR color in person?

If only this wasn't a $1500 decision....

Its not going to be painted for atleast another week now, so I've still got some time to try and decide.

Thanks for the links/pictures so far... and keep them coming :thumb:

Thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back