The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

need help what bodykit and paint job should i get???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiro

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2002
panama_city_FL
Hello Dsmers i have been thinking on what i want todo to my Laser i want to get a new paint job and bodykit but i cany figure out how i want it can anyone give me some idea's and pictures?:confused:

Attachments

• cars 011.jpg
    cars 011.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 372
just my opinion...loose decals keep body stock paint dark blue(midnight) keep wing and lower it to loose 4wd look it has and ud be set feel free to do what u want...remember its your car not the other guys

i know but i like the decals so ill keep those but do the others thanks

Yikes.

I'll have to agree with losing the stickers, and also the wing. IMO, "show-mods" on 1G's look like:barf:. If you insist on getting a kit though, look into the Drift style. I agree on the blue paint as well, or maybe a really glossy black. It's up to you though man, do what YOU like.:thumb:

Also, if your car is stock, why do you have all those stickers?

okay....

how about midnight blue, keep it stock

and if you really wanna keep that dragon...get a mural of it in paint black...

fot the 1st gs, the drift kit is the best imo. I'm not a big fan of decels but hey its ur ride. and these cars look good dark. lower it an inch or two an itll look alot better

So what NOS, Borla, Greddy, Eibach, and Enkei stuff do you have on your car?

Uncle Ben's is looking for you.........

No LOL im going to put that stuff on later on down the road right now the car is gray all color has been stripped from the car and decals to so ;P LOL

You need to get a nice set of wheels (stock steel wheels look better than what you have on there IMO) and some adjustable coilovers. That car is sitting higher than my mom's CRV.

I'm glad you decided to lose the product stickers, now you should paint the car the stock 1st gen blue, I'm about to buy a Talon in that beautiful color. It will look very nice and clean. I would also lose go wingless and fill in the bolt holes on the hatch before the paint job. You will be surprised at how great it looks.

:dsm:jay

BTW: You should fix that missing lug bolt on your passenger rear.

I would have to agree. Get some nice 17's and lower it a couple inches before you do anything else.

no...dont buy a kit from there

just...don't do it, please, for the love of fvck. Their kits are garbage...and unfortunately, Edmonton Alberta is littered with them.:barf:

oh no im not going there they have bad kits =\

You are not getting much help from these guys just a bunch of useless wise cracks. Why they like doing this:rolleyes: I will never know. Now let's get down to business.

Go to www.grounddynamics.com they have the cheapest Drift Body Kit on the market besides getting one off of Ebay. You can get front $200.00,Sides $180.00, and Rear $200 =$580

The Drift kit always looks good in Dark Colors. Bright colors don't look so great on it that I have seen (IMO).

If you don't like the Drift Front End go to www.asylumms.com and get the Neo Combat VS Front for $299.00 and put the Drift sides and Rear on your car. That would really look new!!!(IMO)

Asylumms also has a NEW Blitz Kit coming soon. So you could get that and be the only one with it.

Now once you settle on a color (a Dark one probably) then go to www.autoglitz.com and get some 17 inch wheels and tires for as low as $679.00 for the set. They have some nice styles. Some six spoke and some five like the current showcars out there. $679.00 for a set of 17 inch wheels is the lowest I have seen for modern looking wheels/w tires.

If you don't want to lower your car go ahead and get the 18 inch wheels and tires. They have some in white and some in Black or Gunmetal if you want the "Strict Racer" look. The 18"inch tire and wheels set is $1,000.00 and that is cheap for 18 inch wheels and tires.

If you want a Carbon fiber hood I know where you can get a VIS Carbon Fiber hood for $449.00 and it is really high qaulity for a 92.

I my opinion keep the wing, paint it Electric Blue or black, get the 17 inch wheels/tires for $679.00 or 18 inch Wheels/tires either white, black or silver for $1,000 and go for a Carbon Fiber Hood $449.00. Then put another Dragon on it. If you really want the Dragon definitely go with Black or Gunmetal 18 inch wheels for maximum road presence. You should get a lot of looks with this combination. Let me know you think Shiro (not you other guys.........:rolleyes: )

Originally posted by JJay
You are not getting much help from these guys just a bunch of useless wise cracks. Why they like doing this:rolleyes: I will never know. Now let's get down to business.

Go to www.grounddynamics.com they have the cheapest Drift Body Kit on the market besides getting one off of Ebay. You can get front $200.00,Sides $180.00, and Rear $200 =$580

The Drift kit always looks good in Dark Colors. Bright colors don't look so great on it that I have seen (IMO).

If you don't like the Drift Front End go to www.asylumms.com and get the Neo Combat VS Front for $299.00 and put the Drift sides and Rear on your car. That would really look new!!!(IMO)

Asylumms also has a NEW Blitz Kit coming soon. So you could get that and be the only one with it.

Now once you settle on a color (a Dark one probably) then go to www.autoglitz.com and get some 17 inch wheels and tires for as low as $679.00 for the set. They have some nice styles. Some six spoke and some five like the current showcars out there. $679.00 for a set of 17 inch wheels is the lowest I have seen for modern looking wheels/w tires.

If you don't want to lower your car go ahead and get the 18 inch wheels and tires. They have some in white and some in Black or Gunmetal if you want the "Strict Racer" look. The 18"inch tire and wheels set is $1,000.00 and that is cheap for 18 inch wheels and tires.

If you want a Carbon fiber hood I know where you can get a VIS Carbon Fiber hood for $449.00 and it is really high qaulity for a 92.

I my opinion keep the wing, paint it Electric Blue or black, get the 17 inch wheels/tires for $679.00 or 18 inch Wheels/tires either white, black or silver for $1,000 and go for a Carbon Fiber Hood $449.00. Then put another Dragon on it. If you really want the Dragon definitely go with Black or Gunmetal 18 inch wheels for maximum road presence. You should get a lot of looks with this combination. Let me know you think Shiro (not you other guys.........:rolleyes: )

All this from a guy whose only mod is a K&N filter....:rolleyes:

damn thats a hot idea i think ill go for that but im going to have the dragon painted on and have a Anime girl with a tear drop from her eye on my hood

Originally posted by Johnny5

All this from a guy whose only mod is a K&N filter....:rolleyes:

For one, I'm sure at one point all you had was an intake. For two you're NT so your ability to talk trash is pretty low. At one point all I had was an intake too and yet I still thought it was ok to have a vision. JJay came up with a pretty thorough plan that is reasonable, no reason to be mean. I think that Shiro should definitely take some hints from those ideas and move forward with the car. 15" rims will NOT be enough bro, wait till you can afford 17s at least before adding rims.

Tom

ok guys just let this die i have my idea's now thanks for your help ^_^

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back