1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

need help what bodykit and paint job should i get???

Posted by Shiro, Oct 29, 2002

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Shiro

Shiro Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2002
    Hello Dsmers i have been thinking on what i want todo to my Laser i want to get a new paint job and bodykit but i cany figure out how i want it can anyone give me some idea's and pictures?:confused:

Attached Files:

2. TeX_2004

TeX_2004 Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2002
    just my opinion...loose decals keep body stock paint dark blue(midnight) keep wing and lower it to loose 4wd look it has and ud be set feel free to do what u want...remember its your car not the other guys

3. Shiro

Shiro Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2002
    i know but i like the decals so ill keep those but do the others thanks

4. Johnny5

Johnny5 Proven Member

Joined Oct 23, 2002
    Yikes.

I'll have to agree with losing the stickers, and also the wing. IMO, "show-mods" on 1G's look like:barf:. If you insist on getting a kit though, look into the Drift style. I agree on the blue paint as well, or maybe a really glossy black. It's up to you though man, do what YOU like.:thumb:

Also, if your car is stock, why do you have all those stickers?

5. quwhees99

quwhees99 Proven Member

Joined Sep 23, 2002
    okay....

how about midnight blue, keep it stock

and if you really wanna keep that dragon...get a mural of it in paint black...

6. workin_on_it

workin_on_it Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2002
    vic,
    fot the 1st gs, the drift kit is the best imo. I'm not a big fan of decels but hey its ur ride. and these cars look good dark. lower it an inch or two an itll look alot better

236  0

1991 Plymouth Laser N/T
    · 1G DSM
  7. Johnny5

Johnny5 Proven Member

Joined Oct 23, 2002
    ......or three.:p ;)

8. tjh-dsm

tjh-dsm Proven Member

Joined Jun 27, 2002
    So what NOS, Borla, Greddy, Eibach, and Enkei stuff do you have on your car?

Uncle Ben's is looking for you.........

274  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  9. Shiro

Shiro Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2002
    No LOL im going to put that stuff on later on down the road right now the car is gray all color has been stripped from the car and decals to so ;P LOL

10. TuRbOsPoRtTaLoN

TuRbOsPoRtTaLoN Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2002
    muncie,
    You need to get a nice set of wheels (stock steel wheels look better than what you have on there IMO) and some adjustable coilovers. That car is sitting higher than my mom's CRV.

I'm glad you decided to lose the product stickers, now you should paint the car the stock 1st gen blue, I'm about to buy a Talon in that beautiful color. It will look very nice and clean. I would also lose go wingless and fill in the bolt holes on the hatch before the paint job. You will be surprised at how great it looks.

:dsm:jay

BTW: You should fix that missing lug bolt on your passenger rear.

11. Shiro

Shiro Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2002
    LOL those are stock rims/ tires

12. greathuskie

greathuskie Proven Member

Joined Sep 10, 2002
    Hollywood, Florida
    those are stick rims from a chrysler le baron....hey plymouth=chrysler=le baron

gotcha

738  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  13. Johnny5

Johnny5 Proven Member

Joined Oct 23, 2002
    I would have to agree. Get some nice 17's and lower it a couple inches before you do anything else.

14. bdffej

bdffej Proven Member

Joined Oct 7, 2002
  15. curtis_rak

curtis_rak Proven Member

Joined Jun 11, 2002
    no...dont buy a kit from there

just...don't do it, please, for the love of fvck. Their kits are garbage...and unfortunately, Edmonton Alberta is littered with them.:barf:

401  0

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    · 2G DSM
  16. Shiro

Shiro Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2002
    oh no im not going there they have bad kits =\

17. cucumber

cucumber Proven Member

Joined May 17, 2002
    I'll refrain from being an #@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@% and not talk #@%#@%#@%#@% about your car.

828  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    · 2G DSM
  18. quwhees99

quwhees99 Proven Member

Joined Sep 23, 2002
    ouch john...

however...we appreciate it :)

19. JJay

JJay Proven Member

Joined Oct 11, 2002
    ATLANTA, Georgia
    You are not getting much help from these guys just a bunch of useless wise cracks. Why they like doing this:rolleyes: I will never know. Now let's get down to business.

Go to www.grounddynamics.com they have the cheapest Drift Body Kit on the market besides getting one off of Ebay. You can get front $200.00,Sides $180.00, and Rear $200 =$580

The Drift kit always looks good in Dark Colors. Bright colors don't look so great on it that I have seen (IMO).

If you don't like the Drift Front End go to www.asylumms.com and get the Neo Combat VS Front for $299.00 and put the Drift sides and Rear on your car. That would really look new!!!(IMO)

Asylumms also has a NEW Blitz Kit coming soon. So you could get that and be the only one with it.

Now once you settle on a color (a Dark one probably) then go to www.autoglitz.com and get some 17 inch wheels and tires for as low as $679.00 for the set. They have some nice styles. Some six spoke and some five like the current showcars out there. $679.00 for a set of 17 inch wheels is the lowest I have seen for modern looking wheels/w tires.

If you don't want to lower your car go ahead and get the 18 inch wheels and tires. They have some in white and some in Black or Gunmetal if you want the "Strict Racer" look. The 18"inch tire and wheels set is $1,000.00 and that is cheap for 18 inch wheels and tires.

If you want a Carbon fiber hood I know where you can get a VIS Carbon Fiber hood for $449.00 and it is really high qaulity for a 92.

I my opinion keep the wing, paint it Electric Blue or black, get the 17 inch wheels/tires for $679.00 or 18 inch Wheels/tires either white, black or silver for $1,000 and go for a Carbon Fiber Hood $449.00. Then put another Dragon on it. If you really want the Dragon definitely go with Black or Gunmetal 18 inch wheels for maximum road presence. You should get a lot of looks with this combination. Let me know you think Shiro (not you other guys.........:rolleyes: )

302  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 1G DSM
  20. JJay

JJay Proven Member

Joined Oct 11, 2002
    ATLANTA, Georgia

302  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 1G DSM
  21. Johnny5

Johnny5 Proven Member

Joined Oct 23, 2002
    All this from a guy whose only mod is a K&N filter....:rolleyes:

22. Shiro

Shiro Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2002
    damn thats a hot idea i think ill go for that but im going to have the dragon painted on and have a Anime girl with a tear drop from her eye on my hood

23. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Proven Member

Joined Apr 26, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    For one, I'm sure at one point all you had was an intake. For two you're NT so your ability to talk trash is pretty low. At one point all I had was an intake too and yet I still thought it was ok to have a vision. JJay came up with a pretty thorough plan that is reasonable, no reason to be mean. I think that Shiro should definitely take some hints from those ideas and move forward with the car. 15" rims will NOT be enough bro, wait till you can afford 17s at least before adding rims.

Tom

24. Johnny5

Johnny5 Proven Member

Joined Oct 23, 2002
    NT? What makes you think that:confused:

25. Shiro

Shiro Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2002
    ok guys just let this die i have my idea's now thanks for your help ^_^