The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help splicing in dash wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91Bomb

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2003
US, New_Jersey
When I pulled the whole dashboard out of my last car I snipped a few connectors and need to splice them back in. So there's a spot here (see pic) with a bundle of 24 wires and I have the 4 or 5 connectors that attach to them but the problem I'm having is there are quite a few wires that are exactly the same like a bunch of green wires w/ white stripes and so on. I'm not that savy about electrical wiring so what I need to know is do you just match ANY of the sane colored wire to ANY of the 4 connectors as long as the colors match up?
Are all same colored wires going to be interchangeable at this point?

Attachments

• SDC13535.jpg
    SDC13535.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
When I pulled the whole dashboard out of my last car I snipped a few connectors and need to splice them back in. So there's a spot here (see pic) with a bundle of 24 wires and I have the 4 or 5 connectors that attach to them but the problem I'm having in figuring out is there are quite a few wires that are exactly the same like a bunch of green wires w/ white stripes and so on. I'm not that savy about electrical wiring so what I need to know do you just match ANY of the sane colored wire to ANY of the 4 connectors as long as the colors match up?
Are all same colored wires going to be interchangeable at this point?

Why would you have just snipped wires when doing a job such as this? Just makes more work for yourself than what you had to do in the first place.

Why would you have just snipped wires when doing a job such as this? Just makes more work for yourself than what you had to do in the first place.

That was the least helpful answer I've ever gotten on this forum in over 9 yrs LOL!

I'm thinking that all the same colored wires all do the exact same job at this point but can anyone else verify that?

That is not correct. Find a wiring diagram and spend some quality time with it.

Your best bet if you do not have a wiring diagram is to get another wiring harness for the dash from the same vehicle. Those wires go to various switches and controls on the dash panel etc... Each circuit may have the same color wiring but they will terminate in separate places. There is really no easy answer on this issue, since you do not have the original connector to go by, but if it was me, I would just get another dash wiring harness and never clip any wires again because then you only have mass confusion.

I hear what you're saying but that bundle of 24 wires seen in pic go to 4 connectors and I have them. I was thinking since those particular 24 wires are wrapped together that as long as I'm splicing back in the correct 4 connectors that those wires are interchangeable with them. I'll have to look at my factory service manual tho.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back