The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Need help please !

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOONDUST

Probationary Member
Sep 16, 2014
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
Help ! Okay long story short bought a eagle talon tsi awd had a seven bolt in it ? Lower end hot rod knock ! Pulled it out . Put long block 6 bolt lower cam balence shaft sensor deleted , bought lower end and top end , new used timed it up made sure every thing lined up , cylinder one up oil ,cam and all timing lined up did lots of revolutions made sure timings on point ,, installed and inspected for lose anything and leaks every thing checked out , a little air in clutch line that's all , it ran good , for awhile , stopped engaging into gears do to air in the clutch line I think , it blew a seal leaked tranny fluid, took to a shop drove it there, ,with no clutch ,,, they look to see , replaced clutch kit and flywheel they shaved thousands of inches of the old one one side of fly wheel filed the other side didn't , so new fly wheel was ordered , waited weeks r so, they call me it's done I go over and drive it it's fine with clutch and shifting ,,,,,!!!? MY CAR smokes like its on fire leaking oil out the down pipe gasket ,Smoking bad leaking oil from the exhaust pipe gaskets , oil was splashed on the exhaust manny I never smoked and I never leaked oil out my ralli art oil cap my head top fills with oil ask me questions please if Iam not making scene are bean specific ,

What do I have to replace to make my car smoking there saying its a bad turbo !?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 71
I can't really understand what you're trying to say, but you got hosed and they couldn't even spell transmission LOL.

There is a small oil seal on the turbine shaft that prolly needs replaced. Might as well rebuild the turbo yourself or have jusmx do it he's amazing

I can't really understand what you're trying to say, but you got hosed and they couldn't even spell transmission LOL.
yea Iam going two check in to that , yea it's a lower end from a galont 4g63 machined top end , I had bought the repair Manuel for them ,

You spent a lot of money and then you have to also rebuild the turbo. Do you know if they drove it? did you record the mileage when you dropped it off?

Which one of the 50 dsm profiles, for what looks like the same car, is the actual car that you're referring to? Also, is it possible for you to pose the question in some semblance of English?

The best by far, the 'hot rod knock'.

All the same car Iam sorry , Iam all loopy allot on my plate ,,, at moment ,, and no I did not records miles

They fixed it guess the book helped them ,

Wow, it's really hard to tell what's going on and what you're asking but I assume you're asking if you need to change or rebuild your turbo? If there's that much oil going everywhere I would say it's a safe bet that something's wrong with the turbo. Did you pull your intake pipe off and see if there was oil inside there? Also, did you check for in and out or side to side shaft play? Is the oil leaking out of the down pipe gasket by the turbo? Or is it on the outside of the down pipe like it was splashed on there? Also do you know what type of turbo it is? Sounds a bit fishy if you were having no issues before hand and now sounds like the turbo is fried.

He's saying he's getting lots of oil coming out his valve cover and oil cap .it can be your valve cover gasket and oil cap seal. If that don't fix it you probably have blown piston rings making it smoke .can be valve stem seals and the turbo . Is the motor rebuilt or used?

Used and block , they said it was a misplaced vacuum to my intake , it was sucking oil in and buring it , turbo manifold and exhaust thru my muffler they ran it till it stopped smoking , dam shop is clueless I had to take it to some place no one no"s about 4g63 they say there to old

And there was nothing wrong with my turbo , the native guy TYRON (couldn't spell transmission ) did something he wasn't post to,, owner and other techs had took over

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back