The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Broken motor mount bolts in block!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arash15

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 1, 2004
LONG BEACH, California
today i am doing a timing belt on my 7-bolt and when i pulled the timing belt motor mount off, i noticed it was held together on the block with only two bolts. the two other bolts broke off into the block, and it actually chipped the sides that support the bolt in the block.

my question is what can i do to fix this?
is it ok to drive the car with the weakened mount?
i was going to also install prothane mounts and wanted to know if that would put more stress on the two remaining bolts on the motor mount?
i need all the help i can get.

this is what i was talking about. i highly doubt this can be fixed with Helicoil. so what do you think i can do to fix this?

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 223
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 214
How the F... did that happen, anyway? It is ugly but a good welder can fill the area in and then it would have to be machined on the face and re-drilled and then tapped... My opinion is it's would be easier to get another block. Sorry, sucks.
MB

well i said #### it. i got a 7 bolt for like $600. so im gonna throw that instead of trying to fix that. its just gonna be very time consuming and i dont have lots of that since im moving out in about a month. so does anybody want to try and tackle this project??? :thumb: let me know.

arash15 said:
well i said #### it. i got a 7 bolt for like $600. so im gonna throw that instead of trying to fix that. its just gonna be very time consuming and i dont have lots of that since im moving out in about a month. so does anybody want to try and tackle this project??? :thumb: let me know.
If you're moving to Ct, I'll give you a hand :thumb:
MB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back