The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

need help on engine rebuild (i think)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJBoostedDSM

Proven Member
Aug 2, 2013
clark, New_Jersey
okay so i bought a 98 eclipse gst from an apparently trusted dsmer (i was wrong)

problems:

anyway engine is completely shit, either my valve seals or piston rings are shot, dont have the tools to do a compression test so idk but i did pull my spark plugs and 1 had a little oil on it and all of them were burnt. (car barely has oil in it because its burning it out of the tailpipe so wondering if thats why plugs dont have oil on em.) car also has a bad boost leak, i think i found the spot its coming from though. i think i need a new timing belt not sure, car MAY have a little knock to it or it is just the lifters usual noise. motor mount is bad.

long story short if you didnt want to read all of that above.

-blue smoke from tailpipe either valve seals or rings
-boost leak
-bad motor mount
-possible new timing belt needed
-possible knock to it

was trying to sell it but couldnt get what i wanted for it so im stuck with just fixing it now im trying to lead away from a completely new engine. (I CANT DO WORK MYSELF WHICH IS A HUGE PROBLEM) so looking to find someone to rebuild it. Someone i work with said he can do it but he just had a baby and not sure if hell be able to do it anymore/ have the time to get it done fast.

basically what i am asking for is if anyone knows a good shop that can fix these problems (burning oil is mainly what i need fixed as thats stopping me from driving it.)

thanks in advance.

I know how ya feel bought my talon from a trusted guy with alot "rebuilt" on it well not a thing was done to the car and started knocking a month later in the bottom end... people arent trustworthy.:banghead:

Dayo's Garage
15 Fillmore Ave.
Tonawanda NY 14150
okay thanks ill look them up

I know how ya feel bought my talon from a trusted guy with alot "rebuilt" on it well not a thing was done to the car and started knocking a month later in the bottom end... people arent trustworthy.:banghead:
i know man its so annoying. literally put me in a midlife crisis, i feel like this led to all the other problems that recently occurred LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back