The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

need help on AWD GSX setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awdt4

Probationary Member
Jan 26, 2004
buffalo, New_York
i have a 91 AWD gsx setup:
stock engine
drh manifold w/ direct port nos
75mm ford throttle body
msd dis-2 programable
speraco FMIC
660cc
S-AFC
datalogger
stock maf w/ bottom honeycome taken out
20g
custom manifold and pipes

will this be alright for tunning? the S-AFC and the MSD_dis-2 and the datalogger? im not sure if i need to change the maf in order to flow more air into it or buy the maf translater, i need opinion on whats missing in my set up? And if you could link me to some good threads that would be great. planing for 400hp

You should take a look at the tuning guide, the FAQ section, and possibly the tech articles.

You might want to consider getting a new MAF after a little while. 400 whp can be done on the stock 1g MAF, but you may be better served with a VPC or a MAFT (please don't ask which is better:D ).

Originally posted by kpt4321
You should take a look at the tuning guide, the FAQ section, and possibly the tech articles.

You might want to consider getting a new MAF after a little while. 400 whp can be done on the stock 1g MAF, but you may be better served with a VPC or a MAFT (please don't ask which is better:D ).

if i get the maft, then there no need for the apexi s-Afc right?

Originally posted by kpt4321
If you wait a few weeks for the new version, that is true.

Is there any info on the New version that you talked about?

I didn't see it on mike's site and searched here as well.

Originally posted by DCJ98GST
Is there any info on the New version that you talked about?

I didn't see it on mike's site and searched here as well.

Just wait. Kyle has been beta testing it (lucky bastard!). When it is ready, info will come out about v2.0.

It's probably going to be a couple weeks until it's released, I'm not sure. Don't bother asking Mike, he's working as hard as he can to get it out. He says a few weeks too.

I'm not going to worry about the specifics, but since other people have already made them public... there is a base settings mode (base knobs is now in 10 cc/min increments) and a WOT settings knob, where you tune by 4 rpm points in 2% increments.

Just hang out until it's released guys.:D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back