The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

NEED HELP NOW!!! electical problem!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy E

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2003
Syracuse, New_York
PLEASE HELP ME NOW! I HAVE A DATE WITH A GIRL TONGIHT AND I NEED MY CAR!!!!

alright, its like this. I went to start my car like 2 days ago and it wouldnt start the first time. Started fine the second time. The next day I went to start it and it did nothing, no beep, cranking or anything. I had it jumped and drove it to work. Wouldnt start after work. Jumped again and it died. Jumped again and drove it and it died while driving.

I put a new battery in, and the car ran fine. Last night the radio would go black out of nowhere and my seatbelt light would light up and beep when i started it. Today I jump in the car and it did nothing again. It beeped at first, then nothing!

I NEED TO GO OUT WITH THIS GIRL!!!! SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!! :cry:

It cant be the battery, I put a brand new one in it. I havent done any work to the car lately, except put a sound system in. I thought that the amp might be draining the car, but I disconnected it when I put my new battery in. It is still hooked up to the remote wire on the deck though. I odnt know if that matters though.

:cry:

just gimme something, anything!

no dash lights, no cranking. When i put the key in the car does nothing, even if I open the passenger door, the seat belt doesnt even move

alright, I think I fixed it for now...

I searched DSMtuners and found that my battery terminals may be dirty. They didnt look bad, but I scrubbed the hell out of them with a wire brush. I jumped it with my roomates car and it started right up. I drove for like 10 minutes, parked it and it wouldnt start agian. I jumped again and then drove for 20 minutes. It fired right up after 15 mintues of sitting.

I think its solved, which means I can go on my date! :D

thanks alot guys, DSMtuners saved my butt again! :thumb:

ok, after further research, I believe I have found the true reason the car wouldnt start....

I believe it was a parasitic loss, which I found here

I pulled the fuse and put it back in, now the seatbelt light doesnt freak out anymore

I guess Ill find out tomorrow

yep, Im screwed. The car was dead when I went to start it today. Im at a loss. Like I said before, I believe that it is a parasitic loss of some sort. I dont think it is the alternator, because after I finally got the car started, it ran fine until I let it sit for several hours.

I still believe it is something to do with the seatbelts, as the light would come on and beep at me when I started the car.

I just dont know, I need to get this thing fixed today, PLEASE HELP!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back