The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

need help losing my mind

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsxxx

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Dry creek, West_Virginia
ok so here is my story i bought a 99 gsx automatic off of a dude about a year ago. he said it was overheating so i put a new cylinder head, head gasket, water pump, thermostat, valve cover gasket, intake manifold gasket, water outlet gasket, on the car and it is still overheating. so now i am gonna buy new radiator, radiator hoses and radiator cap. All my fans work i filled my resivor up yesterday and now it is empty but its not leaking i dont understand. i have had the car for a year and have barley drove it. and another thing my alarm sysrem keeps going off for no reason i have to take the fuze out to keep from hearing the horn. it does it randomly. so any advice would help.

Rent a cooling system pressure tester at Autozone or Advance Auto. If you're losing coolant, it's either leaking, burning, or boiling over and getting dumped out. The pressure tester will help you find out if there is a hairline crack somewhere causing an issue. I've had a problem on a past car where there was a hairline crack in the thermostat housing causing the coolant to boil over and dump out of the overflow tank when fully warmed up.

as far as the alarm check your hood switch you might have to adjust it or the hood to press it down further . one thing about the overheating did you install the thermostat with the jiggle pin at 12 o clock .

take the thermostat back out and install it properly otherwise you will never get all the air out of your cooling system.

yea we did bleed the cooling system but imma try to reinstall the thermostat

no window dosent fog up and yes refurbished head

peak 50 50 its weird im losing coolant but its not leaking at least not where i can see it. im thinking about flushing my block out maybe i have some blockage in there.

Sounds like it could possibly be boiling over and just going out the overflow. You'd never see it while you're driving. I personally run ~ 70/30 water to coolant mix and have no overheating problems here in Texas.

Things I'd verify is thermostat installed right, no air in the system, and the radiator cap. The cap is a cheap investment that keeps the system pressurized and operating correctly.

Things I'd verify is thermostat installed right, no air in the system, and the radiator cap. The cap is a cheap investment that keeps the system pressurized and operating correctly.

Agreed with all of this - start here. Air in the system can be a bi*** to track down presenting as a few other issues when in reality you just need a good flush.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back