The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help looking for my first DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikej708

Probationary Member
Feb 28, 2011
Orland Park, Illinois
Hi guys here on DSM I am from Orland Park. I currently am driving my mom's old saturn sl2. But want to start saving up for my first DSM what are some recommdations for a good first DSM car I was looking at a older talon. But please let me know what you guys think would be a good starter DSM for me. Also I am not planning on buying anything soon because I have to save the money but I want to start saving up so I have a price point where I know what I need to get a good first DSM car. Thanks Mike

Hi guys here on DSM I am from Orland Park. I currently am driving my mom's old saturn sl2. But want to start saving up for my first DSM what are some recommdations for a good first DSM car I was looking at a older talon. But please let me know what you guys think would be a good starter DSM for me. Also I am not planning on buying anything soon because I have to save the money but I want to start saving up so I have a price point where I know what I need to get a good first DSM car. Thanks Mike

ok first off, have you done your research about dsms? there not exactly the best dd. Are you looking for something fast? Also you said an older dsm a 1g I imagine? Id be happy to help you find one!

ok first off, have you done your research about dsms? there not exactly the best dd. Are you looking for something fast? Also you said an older dsm a 1g I imagine? Id be happy to help you find one!

They're as reliable as the way your driving is as a dd if you don't make it a straight-line car. ( poly mounts/act 2900 clutch) and as long as you purchase new and keep maintenance. I like 2g more. If you want speed and reliability I'd go stock Gsx,gst,tsi,tsi awd) any year. The newer the better but more costly

Edit: 2500-3000(1g talon with low km or 1g eclipse)
3500 for a good 2g(please don't go 420a. Gst, or any spyder is best bet)
5000 and up for a Gsx in mint shape. But always try and score less then the prices I'm posting. There is often good deals hiding.

Well I am just looking for right now and more looking for something that is a sleeper. I am not planning on taking it to the track but I would like the power and speed to race some friends sometime LOL. But what are some recommdations that you guys have lets say under 5k just to be safe. Because I have about 1k saved up but I would like to buy a car that needs little to no work just a driver. Also I am new to DSM's but have been looking at various ones on here and craigslist but have never owned one.

ive bought 2 dsm's both GS-t's one for 4 k one for 3 k neither one needed ANY work ...for awhile LOL

i would go with a 1g. since it looks like you live close to some of these people they may be able to help you out. for 2500-3 grand for a 1g you can get one with some nice upgrades.

Just do your research. Keep an eye on Craigslist or Ebay and dont be afraid to travel to find the one you want. Some have traveled great distances for their rides. I got mines off Ebay from a local vendor. And yes, it needed some work. But, it had low miles and, in just about, mint condition.

Do you research on this website though so you know what mods you might want to look for in the car since you want a street car and not a drag car.

Well I don't mind doing minor work but I also don't want to buy my first DSM and have to rebuild an engine or something like that because I have no experience doing that. But I will look around on the local craigslist and some other ones to and check out ebay thanks for the advice.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back