The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help in Springfield, MO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckg

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the DSM world and just bought some new stuff for my car (550s and SAFC I)... is there anyone around Springfield, MO, who can help me install them? Thanks

Check on www.vfaq.com for instructions with the AFC install. http://www.vfaq.com/mods/gvr4_afc_instructions.html

The injectors shouldn't be too hard to install. I'm not sure how different it is on a 1g, but for my 2g it went someting like...

1. Get rid of excess fuel in the lines through your choice of methods (I would pull the fuse controlling fuel, unplug the harness behind the timing belt then crank the engine for a while).
2. Disconnect battery.
3. Remove coil pack and shove transistor pack out of the way (3x bolts, 12mm I think).
4. Disconnect the fuel feed from the fuel rail (2x 8mm if I remember correctly).
5. Unbolt the fuel rail (3x bolts, 12mm I think). NOTE: Be careful when removing the fuel rail to not lose the black plastic spacers underneath, or you will end up like me the first couple of times and spend more time fishing the damn things out of your engine bay than installing parts.
6. Move fuel rail out of the way and replace injectors--
a. Remove c-clips then harnesses.
b. Make sure you remove all 4 stock insulators.
c. Put new insulators and/or new upper seals (little rubber circle things, you can choose to reuse your old ones but why bother).
d. Reinstall everything onto the fuel rail.
7. Put the black spacers back into place. I found it helpful to rub a little of your choice of sealants onto the spacers in order to "stick" them in place.
8. Reinsert injectors, this takes a little time if you're not sure what you're doing. Personally I try to make sure all 4 injectors enter their holes individually then try pushing them all in.
9. Put everything back in place, refer to above.
10. Make SURE you put the fuel feed line back into the fuel rail and bolt it down.
11. See above.
12. Double check everything is back in place and all connections are correct again.
13. Reconnect battery, any unplugged harnesses and fuse. It will take a while to crank up since there will be no (less?) fuel in the lines.

If you have any more questions post them up or PM me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back